Saturday, November 18, 2023

Shenanigans. God Bless 'em!!


Did some of the Thanksgiving grocery shoppin' yesterday.
Online... Walmart was the only store that had both... Jimmy Dean 'Sage', and 'Maple' Sausage.
{It can be difficult to find. Especially the Maple.
 A few years past, I've had to add 'real' Maple Syrup to the browning 'regular' Jimmy Dean Sausage, because I couldn't find the Maple Flavored...anywhere.
 That...works, but...it's not as good.}

When I got to Walmart... went straight for the Jimmy Dean Sausage.
No Jimmy Dean Maple.
: (
Not One.
Only Two... of the Sage, out of Hundreds.
Bought 'em Both.
Christmas...Stuffing is covered, with the Sage.

Walmart did have 'Tennessee Pride' Maple Flavored Sausage.
We'll give it a try.
: )
On the back listed ingredients, says they use 'Maple Syrup'... so, hopefully... 
it'll be good.
; )
They've been around since 1943, that's...a good sign.
; )

Awoke at 3 a.m. this morning...
decided to watch The Walton's 'Homecoming'... a Christmas Story.
: )
Love It.
<3
One of my Favorites.
Don't know what made me think of it, especially before Thanksgiving.
I... wait, to think about Christmas, at Home...
 until after Thanksgiving.
It's... always been a Rule, with me.
: )
Seems Christmas keeps getting closer, and closer... to Halloween. 
It concerns me, that someday... we'll forget about Thanksgiving all together.
: (

With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I get to thinking about Dad.
: )
Dad was born in 1913, he grew up during the Great Depression.
While traveling with him... throughout the Iowa Countryside, growing up...
I heard So Many Stories.
<3
When The Walton's came out... in the 1970's, we'd always watch it together.
Dad...Loved that show.
: )
He...always said how 'True'... it was, and how it brought back so many Wonderful Memories, through...some very Difficult Times.
<3
They lost their Derby, Iowa Farm... back then.
: (

The funny thing, about Dad's 'Stories'... he never spoke of the hard times.
Only... The Good Times.
<3
It wasn't until long after Dad passed away, did I hear the other side, through my much older Cousins.

It's funny... how people can live in the same place, and time... yet, see...
'remember' things so differently.

I... suppose, some would say... Dad wore 'Rose Colored Glasses'.
; )
He...did.
<3
Dad...was a Dreamer.
: )

Deep down, guess... I always kinda... knew that.
; )
{Fiercely protected Dad, and his 'Dreams'... many times. <3 }

Was thinking about the 'Sundays'... spent with Relatives, when I was little, too.
: )
Oh...my goodness.
: )
I, too... remember the Good Times.
{mostly}
but...
there were 'Times', hahahahaha....
arguments would get heated.
 Dad, would... 
sometimes...
push those 'Buttons'... 
just... 
a little, 
with that Wonderful...
Irish Twinkle, in his eyes.
: )
{ I could Always... 'see' It Comin'!!}
{I was like a little 'Fly on the Wall'...back then, sitting back, watching Dad, with Mom, and her Siblings... and their Spouses...
at those 'Sunday' visits.
He'd...
 'Reel 'em In'!!!
{Just Because... He Could!!!}
 Hahahahaha!!!
Not in a Mean way... oh, no.
: )
Maybe... Dad was just a little bored, and wanted to Rile 'em Up... a little!!
; )
Brother, Sonny... said, of our Dad... during one of our last conversations... if not our last... several years ago,
"Our Dad... was The ONLY Man I've ever known... in my Life...
who could Fight {Argue} Both Sides of The Isle, 
CONVINCINGLY!!!
{politics}
and...
 Never Voted 'Once'...in His Life!!"

Hahahahahaha!!!!
About Died Laughing.... when Sonny said that.
<3
So TRUE!!
: )

I, often... let 'politics'... get me goin' too.
So did Sonny.
{Sonny, was Very Passionate about politics.
 The Funny Thing... 
Sonny, and Dad... thought Much, the same way. : ) 
Sonny... apparently, never knew that.}
: )
<3

Dad... Dad... Dad.
<3 <3 <3 
Shenanigans.
<3
; )

Sure Do Miss Dad.
<3

Our Peg... gave me one of The Best compliments, anyone... could ever give me, on one of our
'Adventures', many years ago.
<3
She said... "Barb, I feel like I Know your Dad, there's so much of him... in you."
<3
: )

I'd sure like to think so.

Maybe... that was truer, before... the 'B.S.' here.
Things have gotten so Damned... Serious.
: (
Wrongfully.

I've often wondered how Dad...would 'Handle'...This Mess.
{Iowa Department of Transportation, and Fairfax, Iowa 'City Hall'.}

I... know in my heart... the answer.
He wouldn't.
Dad would've supported me, in Every Way... he could, but... 
this 'Fight'... would've Crushed Dad.
: (
Dad... wasn't 'Geared' for 'This'.

Few...
are.
nor... 
should Anyone in This Country...
'Have to Be' 
'Geared'...
 for 'Such' Messes.
Ever.


While checking out... at Walmart, yesterday... had to get a little cash back, 
for The Salvation Army Bell Ringer.
; )
Felt so bad when I saw him... at the door, when I was coming inside.
{Didn't know They were 'Ringin'... yet. }
Didn't bring anything but my card, and keys... with, to the store.
The Bell Ringer looked so forlorn...  
: (
Thanked him... for Ringin' That Bell!
Got a Smile... out of him!!
: )
The Cashier... gave me my change, and said... he, too... didn't have much cash, when he saw him at the door, but gave him all of the change in his pocket!!
: )
That's Good Enough!!
<3
Every Penny Counts!!
; )

Just then, a Young Girl... that was in line, behind me... said, 
"Don't you have 'The Rabbit Hole'?"
: )
Told her...
"I...Do."
: )
She said... how much she loved to visit.
<3
Told her, that I thought she looked Familiar, but... we're Out of Our 'Element'... at Walmart.
; )
She Rolled her Eyes... and Nodded.
: )
Told her... 'This... is a WHOLE Other... 'Rabbit Hole'!!!
: ) : ) : )
She Smiled...and said...
"Yeah... I Much Prefer Yours!!".
<3
{Me... Too!!}
<3
Priceless!!

Told her to Be Sure...and come Visit, again.
Be Open... Soon!!
<3

Have Got To Be!!
We All NEED Each Other!!

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for ALL.

Barb C.
for the Record...
the above picture was captured for Dad's Chauffeur's License, around 1960.
Long before I was born.
It cracks me up... because I knew Dad very well. 
: )
He... probably... maybe... needed glasses, but.... oh my, Dad.... would Never agree to wear them.
Ever.
<3
 EVER!!!
You'll never find another image of my Dad... wearing 'glasses'.
EVER.
Trust me.
; )
<3


Dad... and his two older Daughters.
Joyce, and Jo Ann.
<3

Dad, and his two Brothers.
Ted, the Tallest.
Rich... the smallest.
Dad... is on the left.
: )

The Boy's were all abandoned by their 'parents'
{my... Grandparents}
 and left....
 with my Great Grandparent's to raise, on the Farm... near Derby, Iowa, in about 1917.
Thank God...
for
Great Grandmother...
Flora Belle Shuck Conner.
<3
<3
<3

<3 <3 <3 

Found Flora Belle's grave, near Derby, this year, on my birthday.
<3 <3 <3 
Flora Belle... was Quite a Woman.

Priceless.

No comments: