Monday, November 27, 2023

New Day...

Wound the Old... {1860's} Ogee Clock, with the Winter Scene in it's door glass, this morning.
It took right off.
Haven't wound it.. in a very long time.
Pal,Chicago Ray... brought it to me many years ago.





I've always loved the Ogee Clocks.
They are weight driven.
They remind me of a quote in 'Streams in The Desert'...
"It's the weights in the Old Grandfather Clock... that make it go."
: )
Meaning...we should be Grateful... for the 'weights' in our lives.
They, in the scheme of things, are very necessary.

These...Old, Old... Clocks, I have found over the years... can be so incredibly mistreated, forgotten in attics, that are oven hot...and freezer cold, for decades...
yet...
I've never met a complete Ogee... that didn't take right off, with a winding.
<3
{maybe...a little oil, and setting the beat.}
So Incredibly Resilient.
<3

Done cryin' in my soup... for today, anyway.
: )
I've got shit...to do.
; )


Saw the above... on FB a few days ago.
: )
It's So True.

Looking back, I'd bet... we could All reflect on the Special People, who... have been a Beacon,
in a Storm, throughout this life.

They...
 Far... 
Outshine the 'hollow'... people we meet on our 'Journey'.
They Outnumber... 'em too.
; )
<3

sometimes...
it's difficult to remember, that.

Every day... that we are Blessed to open our eyes...
is an opportunity, to 
Start... New.
Give it another...
Spin.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers for ALL.

Barb C.



No comments: