Sunday, April 30, 2023

They Always... Always, Find Their Way. Always.


Worked inside, and out... yesterday.
Had some Very Fun... Visitors!!
; )
I'll post one of them... at a later date.
; )

Above is the Sweet Little Cabinet, that found it's way to the Rabbit Hole, last week.
<3
Love those little 3 sided glass cabinets. ; ) They're fun to set, and reset. 
They remind me of a large version of a Cloche.
: )
You can create a Whole... Other Little World, inside them.
<3

Had a Wonderful Surprise... yesterday, when Melyse, and her Hubby, popped in.
<3
I've known Melyse's  Parents, forever.
Elaine, and Jerry.
Jerry is an Auctioneer, have attended many of his auctions, over the years.
Elaine, sadly passed away, a few years ago.
She...was such a Kind, and Gentle... spirit.
<3
I see Elaine, every time... I look at Melyse.
<3
She, and Melyse, were very close.
We always talk about Elaine, when she visits.
Elaine... LOVED Antiques.
She, and I shared many of the same interests.
I attended the last auction, Jerry had, before he retired.
It was his, and Elaine's Household.
Bought.... a bunch.
Always think of Melyse, when I eat off of an old, old...
brown transferware platter, that belonged to Elaine.
Melyse gave it to me, at the end of the auction, she said her Mom...would want me to have it.
<3
I treasure it.

We talked about my Sister, Chery... and I showed them the Mama Robin, who is sitting defiantly on her Nest.
<3
We talked about 'Winks'... and how, our Loved Ones... are often Much Closer, than we think.
<3
Melyse told me... at the auction, that day... seeing so many of her Mom's things...go away, was so incredibly difficult.
Jerry had given their Kids...everything they wanted, but... some things, slipped through.
Told Melyse... sometimes.... 'The Old Souls'...have a way, of finding their way back, always, always...
find the Hands, they are supposed to.
Always.
With that, they put their little Treasures, in their vehicle...and went to get cash.
My card reader isn't working, and... Melyse didn't have her check book.
I was outside, attempting to string the weed whip, when they returned.
{GADS!!! Stringing a weed whip... nearly puts me Over The Edge!!}

When Melyse returned... she asked about an Old... Gaudy Welsh Pitcher, she'd spotted, inside The Rabbit Hole.
We walked back inside... she found it, and brought it to me.
It's from the mid 1800's, long... missing it's handle, but... so Incredibly Beautiful, and...
Soulful.
<3
We visited a bit more, then... I noticed the Black... Victorian Beaded Cape, draped over the back of an old wing back chair, beside us.
I'd purchased it at her Mom, and Dad's Auction... a couple of year's ago.
Nearly sold it, at JJ, had Many... handle it.
It's Stunning.
You really... couldn't see it, I'd thrown the Beautiful Crazy Quilt, I'd just picked up, last week, on top of it, when I first got to The Rabbit Hole, Friday.

I reached under the Old...Quilt, and pulled the Cape, out.
Showed it to Melyse.
Her eyes welled up.
She said... "That's a Family Piece. It was my Great Grandmother's, on Mom's side."
It wasn't supposed to be on the auction. Somehow... it slipped through.
She said... she hadn't seen it at the auction... really, didn't 'see' much, that day...
 Everything... was a Blur.
: (

I handed it to her. She asked 'How much she owed me'.
<3
{seriously?}


Told Melyse, earlier... that day, "These 'Old Souls'... have a way, of Finding Their Way, to The Right Hands. I've Seen It Happen, Over...and Over. "
just... a few minutes later, Saw It... Once, Again.
; )
<3

Melyse says she has a picture of her Great Grandmother wearing the Cape.
Told her, I'd love to see it.
<3
: )

Headin' back... Down The Rabbit Hole, runnin' a little late.
Oh dear!!
; )
Gotta Fly!!

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Thanks so Much to Pal, Bill... for Stringing The Weed Whip!! ahhhhh....
but, it didn't last long.
It got bound up, again... in less than a minute, after he pulled away.
; )
I gave up on it, I'll give it another try, when the Wind stops Howling.
Too Ugly...today, to work outside.}
; ) 



No comments: