Friday, April 7, 2023

Still Unpacking, and Sorting. Marion, Iowa Living Estate Sale!! April 13 - 16!!


Oh...my.
; )

As always... the closer we get to Sale Time... things keep coming, and coming.
; )
Bill found Ton's of Stuff in The Garage Attic.
We've been Busy... Busy!!
; )


The Pictures, and Music... was inside an old Piano Bench, in the House.
; )



The Cool Tins, came from the partial Living Estate, Lea's Mom's things.
; )


They brought some very Cool... things.
; )

The above Lamp... was found...yesterday.
So...Very... Cool.
; )


Very Cool... Salad Set, along with TON'S of Vintage Kitchen!!


Above... is one of my Favorite Finds, yesterday.
; )

Reminds me of Mom, Aunt Helen, Sister's, Chery...and Merry Jo.
; )
<3

I remember... as a little girl, watching all of them sit under a Hair Dryer... Just Like The Above.
<3
They'd have those Big... Crazy... Curlers... all Wound Up...in their hair.
: )
Hahahahahahaha!!!



Burst out Laughing, when I opened it up... and read,
"Do Not Use Dryer While Bathing"
yeah.... There's some Handy...Advise!!!
Hahahahaha!
; )

I plugged it in, it took right off.
; )

These are tiny Snippets, of The Sale.
: )

Headin' Back...in a bit.
Happy... Good Friday!!
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{While driving Home... yesterday, stopped at a Hy Vee, I rarely visit.
Had to grab Critter Food, for Miss. Peanut, and Baby Cat.
<3

As I was checking out... spotted someone I've known for 50 years.
{fifty years!!! ???
How did THAT Happen?? All of those Years. 
The things at the House I'm workin' in... would've been Brand New... Wow!!}

Fellow Horse Pal, Ralph.
; )
He, and his Family... were Big in The Horse Show/Fun Show circuit. 
Ralph, and his Brother... Ray, used to run Games, {Rescue Race, Scoop Shovel Race, Monkey in a Tree... }
They were mine, and my Friend's... Biggest competition.
Oh my Gosh.
They... Were Great!!
They had two Horses, that were Tuff to Beat.
Misty, and Slippery.
<3

Ralph, is kind of a short, and stocky Guy.
Ray, was thinner, and muscular.
Ralph would come Flying in.... the Arena, with Ray... waiting at the other end.
They were like Greased Lightning!!!
Misty, and Slippery, weren't very big Horses... not much bigger than a Big Pony.
They Could FLY!!
Wow!!

Ralph, and Ray... were an Amazing Team.
Amazing.
: )

Ralph, said... "Yeah, those Two... Grade... Farm Ponies... out ran several $10,000 Registered Horses."
Yes...They Did.
; )
<3

We stood, and visited...for quite a while.
: )
Ralph told me his age... I, told him... I'm about 10 years behind him.
He, said... "You're Young!!"

I leaned over... and whispered in his ear, 
"Ralph... it's not about the
 'Years'...
It's about
 'The Miles'."
; )

He Roared!!! and, said... 
"You Ain't Justa Shittin'!!!"
Hahahahahahaha!!!
: ) : ) : )

That's my favorite 'line'... when anyone says...
 "Oh...You're still 'young'." 
: )
 use it often.
Truth!!!
; )

Guess... yesterday was meant to be a 'Horse' Day.
<3

Ralph asked me... how many Horses I've got, now.
: (
oh...dear.
That turned into Another... Conversation.
: (

Ralph...asked where I'm living.
Told him.
He said...
"Wow....!!! You're still living at the Same Place? You've been There... Forever!!!"
Told Ralph... the last few years have been like eternity.
When I die, Maybe... living in Fairfax, and dealing with IDOT, will knock off a little purgatory time.

It was Great... getting caught up, and... thinking about those... Wonderful, Fun... Days!}

; )

I'll try to find a Rescue Race Video.
; )
Sure wish we had camera's back then... like we do, now.
WOW!!
Those Boys!!!
They Were Amazing!!
; )
So Were Misty, and Slippery!!
Incredible... 'Ponies'.
<3
They ALL Are!!
<3

{Couldn't find a rescue race, that came close to Ralph, and Ray....
Misty, and Slippery.
; )
but... found a Scoop Shovel Race video.
; )
Insanity!
It's a miracle we're all still alive.

You were timed, and had to stay on the shovel.
If the barrel went down, it was all over.
That shovel got HOT!!!
oh...dear.
; ) }


No comments: