Monday, April 17, 2023

Thanks To Everyone Who Attended The Marion Sale!!




Thanks So Much... To Everyone, who attended The Marion Sale.
: )
Sunday... was Busy, Busy!!
The 'Bundling'... from 2, 'til 6... was a Zoo.
Always is.
: )
The Sale was Steady... all four days.
Not much down time.

Enjoyed meeting the Neighbors.
: )
Such nice Folks living in the area.
The little Kids from across the street, were really Fun.
<3
They all Love Pat...and sure miss her.

Bill is working on books, today... I'm working on paperwork, as well.
Making calls, getting things wrapped up.
We'll be cleaning up...there, this week.
; )



The other day... during the Sale...
couldn't find Bill.
: )

Looked out the window.... there Bill was, Swingin'!!
Hahahahahaha!!!
BUSTED!!!
Bill... Loved That Swing!!
: )
Everyone did.
: )
The Neighbor Kid's, are gonna miss it.
: (

It sold, yesterday morning.
It's going to a Great Home.
<3
The Sweet Lady who bought it, is taking it to her Farm, where Amish Children come to visit, often.
: )
It'll get Plenty of Use.
<3

{ I'll... admit, that... I, too...
'slipped away', a time or two... 
; )
Had That Swing GOIN' HIGH!!
 : ) 
Great Stress Reliever!! 
I Believe We All... Need One!!}
<3



I'm taking most of the rest of the day...off.
At Rest.
Last... week, was insane.
Not...  the Sale. It was a race, to get done... 
but, Truly.... enjoyed All of the People.
 <3
 Sadly, had to attend a Fairfax, Iowa, City Council Meeting, last Tuesday night.
: (
They were talking about the bridge project, that will require condemning More of our land.
Put us in even a Deeper Flooding Pit, I fear.
'Death by a Thousand Cuts'
: (......
Replacing the tiny... 25 foot bridge, by Scout's Pasture... that gets maybe... a couple hundred vehicles a day, at best...
 with one... I'm hearing, will be 140 feet long, and MUCH Wider, to accommodate a Bike Trail, On... and Under.
{A Several Million Dollar Project, for The City's long time, hired.... engineer's firm.}
About the same size... I hear... as The Highway 151 Bridge, that gets 13,000.... to 15,000 vehicles a day.
{Fairfax's Hired Engineer... STILL... isn't showing us any 'Real'... Plans. Interesting.}
That engineer... seems so evasive when I ask him questions....about 'Trails', and Bridge projects.
Just like he, and IDOT were... with the Highway 151 Project.
Frustrating, and Extremely... Disappointing.
certainly... sadly...
not, 'surprising'.
: (

The elevation, is very concerning.
The engineer's memory... was 'short', when I asked him about that.
Always...is.
{I've asked him repeatedly, over months.}
Reminds me of someone on Trial... when he dances around my questions.
His answers, to me... are like when a witness doesn't want to answer a question, and says...
over, and over......
"I don't recall."
"I...don't... recall."
"I, uh... don't 'recall'."

Really?
: )
He's been working on 'this', with IDOT, for a long, long...time.
; )
yet, uh...
He doesn't 'recall'... much.
: (
oh...my.
interesting.
frustrating.
disappointing.
very.
: (
Going over my last... few,  recent... recordings, of the meetings, searching...listening to them.
well...
let's just say, wouldn't want my blood pressure taken anytime soon.
; )
yes...
That... pretty much, did me in, Tuesday... and Wednesday.
always...
does.
Been researching a few things that were said... off, and on...when I have a moment, since.
: (
Sickening.
Sickening.

There's a Special Election, in Fairfax... May 2nd., for Mayor.
I, Hope... and Pray, People VOTE.
I Hope... They Vote, for A Candidate who Wants Cameras at The Meetings, like nearly Every Community in The Nation has, Has Had... for a LONG Time.
Years.
and...
Not... for anyone... who is Against Having Them.
{Why... would Anyone be against them???}
One that is running for Mayor, is a long time sitting councilman.
He stated plainly... at last week's meeting, that he's Against Cameras, with Audio, at The Meetings.
That speaks volumes... in my opinion. 
Transparency... is Crucial.
Especially... in Fairfax.
oh...my.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{The councilman... said, he was concerned about the 'cost'... of cameras.
: )
Hahahahahaha.
{That... was Funny!! : ) You Should SEE...
what they spend money on, without Blinking an Eye.}
I...uh, pointed out, in so many words, the council... never seems to have a problem spending Load's of Money, on All Sort's of 'things'.
; )
Spending money on 'Transparency'... should be Top Priority.
They worry about 'Keepin' Up'... with Every Town around us, well...
Camera's... Should Be At The Top Of The List.
Should've Been... a Long, Long... Time Ago.
; )

'
; )

No comments: