Friday, April 28, 2023

OPEN Today!! April 29!! 11 - 4!! 101 Williams Blvd. Fairfax, Iowa!!


Yesterday...
Down The Rabbit Hole, was Incredible.
<3
Such a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!
The Weather... was PERFECT!!!
<3

Business... was a little slow, but...
with So Much Work, outside... to get done,
probably a Good Thing!!
What a Pleasure it was, to work, in such Beauty.
<3

It was Great to See Dan, and Jo... {Jo-Dan's}
and Pal, Dale. : )
Dan shared images of  the 'Honor Flight' he'd just taken.
WOW!!
Always forget to tell Dan, "Thank You" for His Service!!
Forget...that Folk's have many other 'Facets' of their lives, besides 'Antiques'.
: )

I'd worked cleaning out the Volunteer Strawberry Bed, rearranging things outside... got a start cleaning, and raking along the fence lines... before, Dan, Jo...and Dale... popped in.
Kinda had Pile's... of brush, and leaves... everywhere.
; )
They didn't mind. : ) Just.... stepped over the debris.
<3

When I first started cleaning, outside... decided I'd better start at one end, and follow to the back.
Peg...had given me a big, Twig Stand/Shelf... year's ago.
It's held... old fruit jars, and garden treasures, for several years.
It's...kinda fallin' apart.
Decided I'd take it down, redo that area.

Noticed up high... on Peg's shelf, the... Bird's Nest, that has been there the last couple of years.
It's raised Sweet Robins.
{Peg... would be Delighted. <3
 She was a Bird Girl!! Loved to collect Nests, that had been abandoned.}
 Thought... I'd better get it down, before the Family... returned, this year.
The Shelf, is not as stable as it was last year.
Pulled the Nest down...
carefully.
 I was going to save it, put inside The Rabbit Hole, along with so many others, Peg had collected for me, over the years.
<3

Oh... no.
: (
Too late.
<3

I gently... put the Nest back, began shoring up... Peg's old...Twig Shelf, to make it secure.... for The
'Family', another year.
<3

Wasn't long... before I was getting Scolded!!
<3


The Mama Robin... wasn't Happy, with Barbara.
; )
Pretty soon, she flew back... and sat on her little 'Soon to Be'... Flock.
<3
Oh... but she gave me the 'Stink Eye'.
; )

I moved on to another area, not to bother The Robin, any further...
noticed The Robin, fly from her Nest, and climb into the Trough/Fountain!!
Deep Water!!
What???
YIKES!!



I've NEVER Seen a Robin, take a Bath... in Deep Water!!
She Flipped, and Dived... in the Tank!!


Incredible!!

then... 
she shook herself off, 
and headed to the decorative iron piece, that I'd placed on the fence, last year, after the derecho took it down, from above The Rabbit Hole's door.
<3


<3


The Beautiful Sun...
 dried her feathers....
in no time.
; )

It's AMAZING, what one will see... down The Rabbit Hole.
oh...my.
: )

Thought about the Mama Robin, yesterday, as I worked.
Seems...we have a Lot in common.
; )
We Don't Like People Jackin' our 'Nests'... around, Screwin'... with our
'Family'.
and...
We LOVE Our Long, Luxurious...
Baths.
: ) : ) : ) 
Hahahahahaha!!!
INDEED!!
; )

Grateful...to Pal, Dale.
He noticed the Load... on The Ford, and offered to help me unload.
; )
I, happily... accepted his Kind... Offer.
{My back, did too. ; ) }

Today, is Sister, Chery's... Birthday, in Heaven.
<3
I think of Chery, so often.
: )
The Bittersweet is leafing out, around The Rabbit Hole.
Chery LOVED Bittersweet.
The Bittersweet, here... all came from sprigs she'd given me... back in the 1990's.
<3

Chery... is the one holding Pepsi, our little Hound.
<3
{Merry Jo, and Mom. ; ) }
Chery, and me... felt the same about having our pictures taken.
; )
I wasn't born, yet... when this image was taken.
Chery, and I...were 21 year's apart.
but...
we were the Closest of all of our siblings.
Chery passed away, in '03.


Some of Chery's Bittersweet... beside The Rabbit Hole.
It's so Beautiful... in the Fall.
<3

Chery's Memorial.
John planted the Flowering Crab Tree, in 2004, the Spring after Chery left us.
The IDOT took it, with their 'Fairfax Bike Trail Project'.
Bless their hearts.

Helper, Eric... helped me move Chery's Memorial... under John's Old Oak, when IDOT came through.
Couldn't save The Crab Tree.
 Tried. 
: (
As I cleaned Chery's Memorial, this morning... thought of Eric, too.
Lost Eric, in January... this year. 
He...was such a Good Kid. 
<3
He was So Careful... while moving Chery's Memorial.
: )
He knew... how Precious it is to me.
<3

 
Chery... along with Dad, showed me The Love...of 'Old'.
<3
Chery, loved Old Clocks, too. 
<3

I had the plaques engraved in Chery's Memory.
John mounted them to the Open... Concrete Book, I'd found.
<3
John, adored... Chery, too.
: )
<3

It's difficult to read, now... but, had a poem engraved, on copper,
 for Chery's Memorial...
that seemed so fitting, back then.
Does, to this day.
; )
it reads...

"Time Is Too Slow...
 for
 Those Who Wait.
Too Swift...
 for
 Those Who Fear.
Too Long...
 for
 Those Who Grieve.
Too Short...
for
 Those who Rejoice.
Time...
Is, 
Eternity.
Hours Fly, Flowers Die,
 New Days...
 New Ways... 
Pass By. 
Love Stays. 
<3

{Poems... by
Henry Van Dyke}

Happy Heavenly Birthday...
Chery.
<3
April 29, 1942 
-
December 22, 2003
<3


Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: