Monday, April 3, 2023

Great Weekend!! Back to Work... on The Marion, Iowa Living Estate Sale!! April 13 -16!!


Fun Folk's from Waterloo... popped in!
It was a Trick... getting that lamp unplugged... for them.
oh my.
: )
I don't like seeing cords, so... I tuck, and hide them... very well.
; )
We were on the floor, with our phone lights... tracing that cord.
oh...my.
It...was Hilarious!!!
{I had to watch what was coming out of my mouth...
Daughter, Liz... has a habit of finishing my sentences...with,
"That's what 'She' said.... or, That's what 'He' said."
OMG!!!
Tracing that cord... were many 'He Said... She Said'... moments.}
: ) : ) : )




These Folk's also visited The Midwest/Collector's Eye Shows.
They're from Chicago.
; )

We had a Lovely... Visit!!
: )

Sent everyone who stopped by, on to The Amana Shops.
; )
There's many great shops in Amana!
{South Amana, Too!! Fern Hill!! It's WOW!!}
I...Especially Love 
'Renate's' 
in Main Amana.
<3
Bud, and Renate...are such Dear Friends.
<3
Their Shop... is Insane!!
<3



Folk's from Des Moines, and Council Bluffs, stopped by... picked up the Big Iron Park Bench, they'd purchased at JJ, but didn't have their Truck...that day.
Seems, when ya don't drive the Big Vehicle... is when ya find the Big Stuff!
; )
I'd never drive a car to a show that's more than a few miles from Home.
Just... Take The Truck.
: )
Always.
: )


Between Folks poppin' in... I kept rearranging, and cleaning.
So Much... to get through.


Moved, Pal...Gail's Beautiful Beads, to the center of the Rabbit Hole.
I like 'em better... hanging in the door's window.
; )

Yesterday morning, Judy, from 'Stash'... in Sumner, Iowa... called. Judy, and her Family were at an 
Event in Cedar Rapids.
She'd looked at an old Rope Bed, at The Fall Sale, decided she'd like to purchase it.
They were close, and could pick it up yesterday morning.
oh dear.

Helper, Brandon... and I...
stacked it, along with another Rope Bed... and a chair...and... a Huge Bag of Vintage Quilt's on top of a Huge... 7 foot tall, Amana Cupboard, in the garage.
That... in itself, would be a problem getting everything down, myself.
however...
Getting 'to' The Amana Cupboard, would be as Big of a Trick.

We'd unloaded doors, and fencing.... from the Anamosa Show, in the garage, because the FUSO's door is broken.

I felt like an acrobat... climbing on top of the doors, that were on their edges.
Standing on teetering chairs, to get to the top.
Got the chair, and quilts down... from the Cupboard, then... things got dicey.
Thought...to myself....
'If I fall... nobody will find my body...for Days!!'
Judy didn't know where the bed was, or where to look for me.
 {my phone was dead, and charging in the house.}
Liz...often thinks about 'How'... I'm going to die.
Hahahahahaha!
Says, she knows.
; )
"It'll be in a car accident, Mom."
She's always said that.
One time I asked her why... she thinks that, she said...
"Because you're Always...on The Road!! ; ) "

Told her I'd be fine with that...as long as it happens QUICK!!! and... it wasn't my fault.
Sure wouldn't want to hurt anyone... on my way out.

Myself... I, believe... it'll happen, in a situation... like yesterday, in the garage.
or...
possibly...falling through the floor of an old, Barn Loft....while diggin' for Junk!!
; )

I carefully climbed down, and waited for Judy, her Husband, and Son... to arrive.
; )
Even Then... with All of Those Wonderful Hands....
It Was Still... a Trick!!
; )
oh...my.

Just before Judy called, to see if I was around...
I was watching the news.
Across the bottom of the screen, noticed something about tornado damages in Hedrick, Iowa.
???
I knew about the tornado hitting very near Friends, in Keota... but, heard Nothing of one in Hedrick.
Dear Farmer Friend's... Lynn, and Lea... and their Family... are from near Hedrick.
{I always think of them as being south of Sigourney, but... they have a Hedrick address.}
My favorite Sunday Morning program... was just coming on, thought... I'd give Lynn a call, after.
Hear what he knew...about it.

I was pretty certain... I'd have heard something, if they'd had any problems.
just then...
my phone rang.

It was Lynn.
His first words...
"Ya got a generator up there?"
Oh My GOD!!
What's Goin' On??!!!

He was kidding.
but... not so much.

Lynn said, they watched the F4 Tornado... come at them... and was in gun range, of hitting it.
Something...he Never wants to see again, in his Life!
Below... are some of the images he sent me.

Lynn, Lea.... and their Kids' Homes...  were mostly spared.
Their Daughter... lost an outbuilding,
however...
Several of their Neighbor's... were not spared.
: ( : ( : ( 
They went to help neighbors, with what they could...
but, Lynn said... some were Total Losses.
Sadly...Animals were killed, but... gratefully, no human lives were lost.

Lynn said they were watching two Calves, in a field... they weren't harmed...
but they stood perfectly still.... for at least 30 minutes.
Frozen... with Shock, from what they'd just seen.
: (


When I asked Lynn...if he had any images, he said... he did, but...they weren't too good.
I...asked him, 
"Why Not!!!???"
Hahahahahaha.
Oh...My Lord!!
: (


Heartbreaking.


So Sad.


When Lynn...sent me this one, he said...
"At least The Sign...survived!!"
{Lynn is a Sign Collector. : )}
I, said... "Only You... would See The Sign!!"
; )

All I could see, was the debris field, that stretched for miles.

Lynn said, someone found an old, cancelled check, that belonged to someone who was hit by the tornado in Hedrick...
 85 miles away, from where it began.
Unscathed.
Unbelievable.

Someone found an image... of a little boy, clear up north... even further than the check had travelled. 

So, So... So....
Incredibly Grateful, they are ok.
oh... my.

As Lynn, and I were visiting, we both... said, almost in unison, how our lives can change forever, in just the blink of an eye.
Had that tornado not turned, at the last second, it would've taken their Farm, too.

Just got off of the phone, with Lynn... this morning.
He's helping Neighbor's who were hit. 
It's a War Zone, he says.
So incredibly... sad.
We're both nervous about the next round of storms, coming tomorrow.
Lynn said... he sure hopes this isn't the beginning of an ugly year of weather.
Me... to. 

I'm heading to Marion... shortly.
They've decided to sell the Estate's Car.
Need to get images, and details... about it.
; )

Love to Ya.
Prayers... for All.

Barb C.

{Spoke with Liz... this morning. She had a Great Show!! Not... so much, dollar wise, but... had Great Feedback, and met some Awesome People!! 
; ) 
Very Positive!!
; )
Was Glad to Hear It!!
I often think of the Tune... by Bobby Bare, 'The Winner'... when thinking about Liz...taking up this kind of work.
Steph, too... doing Shows.
Was talking to Patti, Steph's Mom... last night, about that Tune, and how often... we've wished Steph would listen to us, about the shows.
{Now...Liz. ; ) She Should Know... from helping me, over the years...how difficult, they can be. }
These Events, are rewarding... in many ways, but... they are Tuff, too, on many levels.
From The 'Back Breaking'... to The 'Bean Counting'. 
I remember driving Home...from Nashville, one time... with former... Show Partner, Julie.
She was going over the books, as I was driving.
I was shooting the expense numbers to her... after she gave me the total sales.
then...
I started Beating my Head... on The Steering Wheel!!!
Hahahahahahahaha!!
Told Julie...
"We're The Winner's!!!"
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!
; )
It had been a Great Show, but... such a Difficult One.
{Heart...was Always Challenging. They, mostly... all are. Part of that... is my fault. I go pretty Big, at a Show. Especially... Heart.}
We were Absolutely... Body Broken, and Mentally... Frickin'... Exhausted.
oh....my. 
; )
After expenses...
and...
cost of inventory.
; )
oh...my.
They are good advertising.
; )
but...
I'll say it again...
'Grueling'.
We want our Kid's to Be Winner's, but... not Our Kinda... Way, of 'Winnin' ' : ) }
<3 
They don't listen...any better, than we did. 
; )
oh...my. 

Like, Lynn, and Lea... have said, over many years, I should switch to selling 'pocket watches'... instead of Concrete, and Massive... Furniture.
; )
That Beautiful Fabric... Steph creates, isn't light...when it's crated up.
What Liz, and Adam carry, when it's crated... and toted, isn't either.

The Walls, Big Doors, oh my. 
Insanity.
<3
{Guess.. me, and Patti, are, maybe... a little...
 Too Much, 'Moms'. }
; )
We worry... a little too much. ; ) I, suppose.
We're both...Taurus's. 
; )
That's What We Do.
; )
We...tend to be a little 'protective', over Those... we Love. 
; )
Fearlessly. 
; )
oh...my. 
<3
Oh... Dear.
; )
Always.
<3 <3 <3 
; )



No comments: