Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter... History.


The Ford... became a catering Truck, yesterday.
; )

The cab was Full... as well.
Always... always, Too Much Food, at Holidays.
; )



Miss. Meadow, and Miss. Willow, couldn't wait to show us all.... their New Chickens!!
<3

Priceless.
; )



Didn't have time...to make pretty deviled eggs, but... they got eaten.
; )
The Boy's will have Plenty to eat on, this week.
;)


It was a Pretty, and laid back... Easter.
Mostly.


Bare feet, and load's of Sunshine.
The Kid's all enjoyed Mom's Jell-O.
: )
I...shared stories of their Great Grandma, Rose... while  serving them all, her Jell-O.
<3

<3


Yes... 
Grandma brought Plenty of Whipped Cream.
Too Much Fun!!
; )

All of us went 4 Wheelin'...
 That 'Jun-Bug'... {Little Justin} is such a Hot Dog...on his 4 Wheeler!!
; )
Fearless!!
Oh My!!
Eeeeeek!!
; )


On the way Home...
stopped by my Favorite 'Happy Place', where Mom, Dad...and me, moved in, on my Favorite Easter, back in 1970/1.
I'll never forget that Easter Sunday.
That... wonderful... Old Farm.
<3
It was a sad day... that Easter Sunday, long ago... I visited it, and... it was gone.
Unimaginable... to my teenage brain.
Thought it would Stand There... forever.



Somehow, it still Stands, in my mind.
I...see it, just as it always was.
It's still there.
: )
I...can almost hear the old screen door slam, every Easter Sunday, that I visit.
<3


Walked down... to the little Creek, it seems smaller, and smaller... every Easter.
Remember making doughballs for bait, and catching Chubs, out of the little Creek.


Didn't see any Chubs, but... there were Load's of Minnows.
<3

It was a Beautiful Easter.

Hope Yours... was Too.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C. 

{ sadly, when I got Home, yesterday afternoon, things kinda fell apart, with a Family member.
It's probably been coming, most all of my life.
Somehow... we've never quite seen eye, to eye.
We grew up... living in the same situations. I... tend to see the Good, remember... the Good.
The Family member, was sharing the same situations... the exact same time... but, sadly...
 remembers things so differently.
{Always felt sorry, for that person. Must be Hell... living with memories like that.}

Over the decades, I...would simply shake my head, and walk away... when the Family member, would shoot arrows.
Things... were said, yesterday, that... I couldn't walk away from.
Guess...I'm done, taking 'Jabs'.
I...did, walk away, again.
This time, it's for good.

Simply... done.
Not angry.
just... done. 
Call it 'self preservation'. }

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There comes a time when toxic relationships must sadly be severed.

Simply Iowa said...

indeed.