Monday, April 24, 2023

It's All... About 'The Journey'.


Thanks...to The Folk's who stopped by The Rabbit Hole, over the weekend!!
; )
Truly enjoyed visiting with Pal, Patti... {Fern Hill... South Amana, Iowa. } 
<3
We've both been through a Bunch, over the last few years.
So Grateful... we have each other, to bounce thoughts off of.
; )
She's been such a Blessing in my life, over the last two decades.
<3
Pal, Mark... 
{Nutt's About Antiques, Norway, Iowa }
also...popped in.
: )
It's been Too Long, since we've had a moment to visit.
Mark, has been a Rock... over the Decades.
Mark, and Patti... are 'Family'. 
I've met some Wonderful People, through The Rabbit Hole, and the Old...Souls.
<3

We're making Plans... for The Memorial Day Weekend Sale, here...
May 26, through May, 29th. 2023!!
It'll be here before we know it!!
; )

Pal, Bill... will also be joining us, along with many Friends and Neighbors!!
It'll be a Big Sale!!
; )

I was thinking...last night, about the Folks who've crossed The Rabbit Hole's path, over the years.
One Gal... who crossed my mind, was a Girl... who attended the Marion Sale.
When Bill told her about The Rabbit Hole, her Eyes... Lit Up!!
: )
She said... " Oh My Gosh!!! YOU... have that place, that little 'House'... in Fairfax??!!"
She said... "I LOVE That Place!! It's like walking into Another World!!!"
: ) : ) : ) 
I, sadly... didn't remember her.
She visited during a Sale, we had here.
It's so crazy... during Sale Time.
but...
Those... are the type of comments, I so love to hear, and... often, hear.
<3
The Rabbit Hole, is an acquired taste.
; )
{Kinda like Patchouli. ; ) Ya either Love It... or, Ya Don't.}
; )

It's not for everyone... but, for those who Dig It, well... it's pretty 'memorable'.
; )
{I've had more Folks... comment on the Patchouli, in a positive way, in the last few months, 
than I have in the last 25 years... I've been wearing it.
From Daytona... to Papa Juans, in Hiawatha, Iowa.
At every event... Sale. 
; )
I've dabbed it on Folks, and shared it's label...
 all over the Country.
 : ) 
John, was one of those... who didn't like it. 
but...
He put up with It's Stench, and me... for decades. }
; )
<3


I've been working hard, between Events, trying... to get The Rabbit Hole, back on it's feet.
It's been extremely difficult, on so many levels.
{won't get into IDOT, and Fairfax. We know 'that' story, which seems never ending.
People ask me, often... where 'that' stands. I assure them, 'Josey Wales'... is On Top of It. 
: )
Reminds me of the quote...
"The Wheels of Justice Turn Slowly.
 But They Grind Exceedingly Fine."}
Indeed.

Sometimes... while working at The Rabbit Hole, trying to put... the brokenness back together, somehow... make it what it used to be, 'before'....
I...get overwhelmed.
Impatient.
Frustrated.
angry.
: (

I've learned a lot, over the last couple of weeks,
 that has really helped me understand, and... deal, with some of the frustrations.
Kinda started figuring it out, believe it or not... at the last Fairfax, City Council Meeting.
After it.
Who Knew...something 'good' could come out of there??
Can't 'fix'... what they do, and have done.
but...
I, can work on how their actions affect my spirit.
It was a shocking revelation.
Truly.
Still... trying to unravel it all.
; )

The Rabbit Hole.... isn't close, to what it used to be, before.
The truth is, it may never be again.
Kinda like me.
; )
I'll never be the same person again... either.
We'll 'be'... the Best... of who, and what... we can be, with what we've got left.
I believe that's true for anyone, anything... that's survived a Wreck... Battle, a Storm...
 major trauma...
 in life.
Take what you've got left... and do the Best you can with it.
: )
I'm doing my best.
: )
I...know that, in my heart.
Might not seem like it, to some... who are looking from the outside... in.
That's o.k. 
: )
Like Dad...always used to say, when I'd get frustrated, and sad... because of a horrible... unexpected loss,
"Did you do your Best?
 If you know in your Heart... you've done your Best, you should have no regrets."
<3

So... what others think, their opinions... truly...don't matter.
It's between you, and your heart, in the end.


One Day at a Time.
; )
One... Moment, at a Time.
<3

When I find my way... to The Rabbit Hole, well...
I feel like it embraces me.
<3
We... kinda, embrace each other.
<3

My Old...
 Friend.
<3
; )

It's All... About The Journey.
; )

Love to Ya.
Prayers... for All.

Barb C.

No comments: