Saturday, June 25, 2022

Done...Day


This is what I woke up to...this morning.
Flooding.
Again.
14th. Flood since IDOT made wrongful Trail Accommodations, for Fairfax.

The Last Thing...I needed this morning.
: (


It took the wind out of my sails.
Always...does.

Made it to The Rabbit Hole, by 9.
but...
what a mess.
That...kinda did me in, before I got the day started.

but...
Then...look Who Showed Up...Bearing a WONDERFUL GIFT...
First Thing.
<3
Farmer Friends, Lynn, and Lea! 
<3
: )
Oh My!!
Love That Old Truck!!
{Lynn, and Lea...Too!! <3 }
Looks like The '49 Ford!!
<3 <3 <3 
We'd never seen one like it.
So Cool!!
<3

It rained, just as we were opening...but, the DAY...turned out GREAT!!!
Wanda, and Terry Popped in.
<3
A Sweet Gal, from Des Moines...along with Great Regular Customers!!
Our Friends from Deep Southern Iowa...
<3
Budwardo...from Renate's...in Amana.
<3
It was steady...all day.
<3
Not much left...from The Minnesota Farm Estate Load.
So Grateful...to Everyone, who Popped In.
<3
The Rabbit Hole...is a disaster, but...Folk's didn't seem to mind Diggin'.
; )
I was whipped.
Told them how this day...started out, I...just couldn't recover my 'wind'.
; (
They...all were so Kind, and understood...why, I was sitting.
Bless Their Heart's.
<3
The Best Folk's...seem to find Their Way....to The Rabbit Hole.
'Blessings'.
<3

Bugged out...at 5, so I could attend Grandson, Kaycen's... 10th Birthday Party.
<3
That's a Milestone.
<3
John would be so Proud, of his Kids...and Grandchildren.
<3


Just got home...a bit ago.

Done...
Day.

Headin' to have a chat with our Lawyer, 'Josey Wales'...
tomorrow.
{sent him images of The 14th Flood, bright and early...this morning.
I...believe, he's getting nearly as Sick...of This, all of This...
as I am.
oh....
dear. }

This Day...started off...damned ugly.
but...
there were so Many...Many...Blessings, after.
; )
<3
Grateful.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{I Gotta Stay Home...a Day, sometime...
and Clean. 
; )
oh my.
The DUST...on those Stairs.
Hahahahaha...
Man. 
; ) }

{Watching Fairfax's Fireworks, from the kitchen window...as I write, tonight.
They Are The Very Best.
<3
Fairfax State Savings Bank...The Amazing Fairfax Fire Department...along with Many who donate......make Sure..To AMAZE!!!
<3
Many Folks say, Fairfax Outshines Cedar Rapids, with Fireworks.
That's a Fact.
Always has, since I was a Kid.
Dad would bring me here...when I was little, to Watch...
"Oooooooh....
and.....
 Ahhhhhhh". 
; )
<3
Beautiful. 

'That's' The Fairfax, I'll always remember. 
The One, I once knew....and Loved.
<3
City Hall...is far, far...removed from The 'Real'... Fairfax.
Has been, for a long...time. }



No comments: