Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day.

There's been So Much...going on, for so long.
I think of Dad...so often, during these difficult times.

In the brief...23 years we shared together, he taught me...so much.
Dad gave, and Taught me The Most Important Things, anyone...could.

Respect...
Self Confidence...
Wisdom...
Hard Work Ethic...
Integrity...
Empathy...
Common Sense...
Humor...
'The Golden Rule'...
and
gave me...
 Two... of the Most Important Gifts.
His Time,
<3
and...
Unconditional Love.
<3

With Dad...Life was Always an Adventure.
; )
Always.

Mom told me often...Dad, worshiped the ground I walked on.
<3
I felt the same, about Dad.
; )

He always thought I could do Anything.
Hahahahahaha!!
He made sure...when I had the choice to 'Sit it Out, or Dance'...
to 'Dance'.
<3

The word 'impossible'...wasn't in Dad's vocabulary.
He taught me that...by
 Example.
<3

I remember so many, many times...when I was little, when times got Tuff,
 Mountains...were in front of him...
watching others, turn around and walk away from them, believing they were 'impossible'...
then watch Dad,
 Move Them.
All by himself.
<3

If Dad set his mind to something...
He'd figure it out.

When Folk's would tell Dad, "It can't be done"...
I'd watch Dad grin...he'd get a twinkle, in his Blue Irish Eyes...
and, Do...what they said..."Couldn't".

He'd never brag about his accomplishments.
but...
my heart, sure swelled...watching him. 
<3
I...was Always Proud of Dad.
He Worked...So Hard, but...never forgot to have a little Fun, too.

Shenanigans. Always....Shenanigans.
'Adventures'.
<3

Dad...lived life, 'His Way'.
<3

Dad always accepted Folks, just as they were.
<3
He had Friends...from every walk of life.
<3

We never had much money...but, I always felt 'Rich'. 
<3

Looking back, now...over my life, I can't Imagine...where I'd be today, without having
Marion Conner, for my Dad.
{Makes me cry.}

Happy Father's Day, to All of The Wonderful 'Dad's'...
in this old world.
Hope Y'all Know, what Blessings You Are!!!
<3

Love to Ya.

Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Dad...always gave me a lot of responsibilities, as well.
From the very beginning.
I...never felt like a 'Kid'. 
That was Just Fine...with me.
; )
Used to do Dad's Bidding, on Scrap Iron, at Farm Auctions, when I turned 7.
He'd leave me there...with directions on what to bid on, and how much...to go on each pile.
Introduced me to the Clerks, and Auctioneers, and asked them to make sure...to pay attention, when I was bidding.
; )

I always stood up front, by the Auctioneers, {still do.} with a 'Serious'...look, always.
Didn't want anyone to think I was a 'Kid'.
; )
This Is Business.
All 'Business'.

Hahahaha!

Dad's friend, Lyle...who was also a Scrapper, told me one day...many year's ago...how he couldn't Believe...at those Farm Auctions, a little Girl, was out bidding him, on pile, after pile...of Iron.
He said... "You looked Mad as Hell, bidding. Serious as Death!!"
Hahahahaha!
{Still do, Folks tell me.}
Told Lyle... "Hey...Dad gave me a Job to Do. ; ) There was No Way....I'd ever want to disappoint him.
: ) He Trusted me. <3 "

Dad taught me how to drive...when I was 7.
Cars, Trucks, Tractors....
had to sit on a phone book, until I was 9...then, I was Tall Enough.
He taught me how to run a Cutting Torch... Saddle Horses, how to Fish.
Change a Tire...Change Oil...Shoot a Gun, clean, and take care of them...
Certainly taught me how To Load...a Truck.
; )
and...
have a
 Lot of Fun.
; )
I...could go on, and On.

What a Blessing Dad was.
He prepared me for 'Life'...mostly.
The Best...he could.
Priceless.
<3 }





No comments: