Monday, March 15, 2021

The Ides...of March.


Dad...has been on my Heart...so much, these last...many days.
<3
Dad would've celebrated his 108th. Birthday...today.
<3
'The Ides...of March'.

I...Thank God...Every Day, for Blessing me...with Such a Wonderful...Father.
<3 <3 <3 
There isn't a Day...that passes, when Dad...doesn't cross my mind.
: )

Dad...had the Most...Beautiful...Sparkling Blue...Irish Eyes.
They'd Dance...when he shared his colorful stories.
<3
I'd heard his stories...a Million Times, growing up...
but...
every time he shared them...with Folks...
I, hung on every word...like it was the first time...I'd heard them.
<3

Tho...it wasn't often... when he was sad...or, angry...
those Twinkling, Smiling... Eyes...would turn Gray...like a Raging...Storming... Sea.

I've wondered...often, if Dad...were here, watching 'this' all unfold...what advise, he'd offer.

Somehow...like John, I...don't think...he'd offer any.
I, believe...like John...Dad, would say....
"You can handle this. ; ) You'll figure it out. It'll all...be alright."

<3 <3 <3 

'Confidence'...
was probably....the best Gift, Dad...ever gave me.
<3
{after...his Unconditional....Love. <3 }

It's a cold...and stormy...Birthday, today...for Dad.
Walked through the House, and took images, of the Storm...and, wrongfulness...outside the windows...
this morning.
Grateful...to be inside, where it's warm, and whole.

Thought of the tune, 'Landslide'...while I was looking over the destruction, and thinking about Dad.



Called, Daughter..Liz, yesterday...morning.
Gave me an update...on Little Jack.
<3
He's doing very well.
<3
I, shared with her...my Guilt, for Allowing....this 'Wrongfulness', to Cheat Our Family.
: (
Liz...told me, that...she, and the Kid's know...how very much I Love them.
<3 <3 <3 
; (
Liz, reminded me...'who' Little Jack, chose to call...while waiting for his surgery.
<3
'Grandma Barb'.
<3 <3 <3 
Priceless.
Jack, and I...share the same Love...of old Trucks, and Tractors.
<3
so...we Always...have something to Talk About!
{Dad, has passed that 'Love'...down, through us. 
<3
He'd Sure Love...that Little Jack. <3 
All of The Kids. <3}

<3 <3 <3 



I watched Alice in Wonderland...again...yesterday.
It struck me...when Absolem, {The Smoking Caterpillar } said to Alice...
before she was to slay the Jabberwocky, to 
"Remember, The Vorpal Sword knows what it wants...all you have to do, is Hold on to it."

It reminded me...of my Faith.
<3
I'll hang on Tight...to my Faith, like...Alice, holding the Vorpal Sword.
<3

It's all...about The Journey.
What a Ride.
What...
a
 Ride.

A...'Landslide'...at times.

Happy Birthday, Dad.
<3 <3 <3 

Love...to Ya.
Prayers, for All.
Barb C.


 

No comments: