Sunday, March 21, 2021

Birthday's....and, memories.

The Birthday...Party.
<3
Scarlett's Party, was so Lovely.
<3
The Kid's Old...Wonderful...Home, was Filled with Laughter.
<3
Many Friend's...and Family...attended, it was so Good...to See Everyone.
<3 <3 <3 



{Yes...Vivian, is still convinced I am an Alien. : ) }
Hahahahaha!!!!
<3





The Kid's had a Pinada....hanging from the Old...Pine, they had Great Fun...with that.
<3 <3 <3 



{yes...Still...an 'Alien'.: ) }

It was a Fun...and Good Day.
<3

Almost.

While the Kid's were working on the Pinada...
I was sitting on an old...bench, beside the House, taking pictures.
The other 'Adults', were standing behind me, watching...them, too.
: )

I...heard Adam, say... "That was Liz's Dad's."
I thought Adam was talking about The Ford Car Hauler...but, that didn't really...make sense.
so...
I turned around, and asked Adam, what he was referring to.

{He was standing with his Dad, and Our Son...Justin.}

Adam said... "Wasn't this Jacket, Liz's Dad's?"
Adam's Dad...was wearing it.

{It was chilly, and windy. Adam's Dad, just pulled a Jacket off of the peg hook, by the door.
{Liz...had asked for her Dad's Jacket, many years ago.
She, wears it...often.}

I...looked at the Jacket, then...said... "It could be."
There was no 'could'...about it.
I turned back towards the Kids...playing.
but...
couldn't breathe.

Adam's Dad...has about the same build, as John.
Seeing that 'Jacket', standing...there, well...
it took my breath...away.
Went from '100' mile's an hour...to '0'...in the blink...of an eye.

I...was grateful....everyone was behind me.
Especially, Justin.
If our eyes would've met....
it would've been all over.
{I said...nothing, and was hoping, Liz...hadn't noticed. 
She was so busy...with the Party.}

Adam's Dad...had no idea.
Who...would?
Just another coat, on a peg.

Later, after everyone...left, Liz and I...walked out to Jethro, to get some things I had for them...in his trunk.
She said..."Mom, when I saw Adam's Dad....standing there, in Dad's Coat, white hair...glasses, for a moment...I thought it was Dad."

She...said... "Somehow, it was like having Dad here...for an instant."

I'm glad...she felt that way.
<3



John...
in his Old...Blue Flannel Jacket, that Liz...has...now.
{John's 'Red' Flannel Jacket, that he wore the Heck out of....is hanging on the Hall Seat, next to the door, here...right where he last hung it.
 It's Going Nowhere. <3 <3 <3 }

John was undergoing radiation...but INSISTED...to climb on to his John Deere, and Mow, for the First Time, Spring, 2014.
<3 
I remember...being so nervous.
I, stood out there...watching him, go around...and around.
: )
I was So Proud...of him...
but... so nervous.
He was so weak, from that 'Poison'. : ( : ( : ( 

I feel guilty, sometimes...for not letting the Kid's...have more, of John's Things.
: (
I, just can't let them go.
Someday...They'll Have It All.
<3
For now, I...'Need'. 
Selfish...I suppose. Can't help it.
I...need Every Bit...of John, near me...
especially...
while fighting this...
 'wrongfulness'.

Seems fitting, the below...2014 'Memory', John...sent to me, on FB, popped up, today.
<3

It's kinda funny, when I look at this 'Memory'.
Yesterday...
 got back, my...Old...Black Leather Jacket, John...had given me for Christmas...
 39 years ago, from Daughter, Liz.
I'd loaned it to her...a couple of years back, when she, and Adam...first got their Indian Motorcycle.
She has her 'Own'...now. ; )

Mine... kinda look's like the one, in the 'Memory'...above.
<3
{John, and I...were never 'Biker's', we Preferred Fast Cars. ; ) <3 }

I wore that Jacket... to death...for years.

{over my 'Waitress uniform dress', every day...to work. ; ) }
Was wearing it, the day I was nearly killed...in a car accident, on...151, in '84.

We've been through...a lot, on our 'Journey', together.
<3
: ) 

It's Like an Old...Friend.
Glad to have It Home.
; )

<3 <3 <3 

Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.





Me...and The 'Black Leather Jacket', sitting in our Kitchen, about 37 year's ago.

I remember...John taking this picture.
I, was so mad...at him.
; )
{if ya don't 'know' me...That's...my, "I'm Gonna Get Even With You"...look. ; ) }

We had 'not liking our Picture taken'...in common.
; )
oh my.

Took this image....a few minute's ago...
; )
In my 'Sunday Best'. hahahahaha.

Well, The Black Leather Jacket...hasn't aged as much...as the 'wearer', I see.
That's o.k.
; )

I think...I'm gonna wear it, for awhile.
Need All The Help...I can get.
; )

It's a pretty Tuff Old....Jacket. 
It's been through Hell...and, back.

{I...know now, what John...was trying to tell me, back then.
I, Refused To See It.
If I had to do it All Over, again...
I'd Refuse to See It, Now.
: (
John, knew....that. 
<3
: ) 

'Ya Fight...for What's Right, until...ya can't.'
Until...there's Nothing Left.
Give It Everything...You've Got.
because...
'Everything' is worth nothing, if ya sell out, to 'Wrongfulness'.
That's just...how It Is.

That's Just How It Is.


No worries, 'Big Daddy'...
Mama's in 'Warrior Mode'.
<3
: )
{'Alien'...Mode. : ) <3 }
hahahahaha!!!!










 

No comments: