Tuesday, March 9, 2021

How....about 'Memphis'.


Spent Monday....in 'Recovery Mode'.
; )
'Mental Recovery'...no Hangover.
{Like the song goes...
'The Whiskey...Ain't Workin'...anymore'.}

The days...prior, had pretty much drained me.
oh my...

Pal...Allyson, called...Sunday afternoon.
<3

I've known Allyson, for 20...plus...years.
We share the Same..Passion...for Old...Iowa Farm Cupboards, and Farm Primitives.
Some of my Very Favorite..Pieces....have found their way to her Beautiful Home...
from...The Rabbit Hole, over the decades.
<3

Allyson is a Psychiatrist...by Trade.
She's Graciously...included me, on her Vacations...over the years.
I, always joke...and say... "She takes me along...as a 'Study Subject'....
for the Book, she'll someday write."
<3
; )
I have no problem...with that...however...told her, I expect 'Royalties'... 
: ) 
It oughta be a Barn Burner.
; ) 

When Allyson called, she asked...where I thought we should go...this Summer.
She suggested Arkansas.
Frankly...Anywhere South..is Great...with me.
; )

Anywhere...but Fairfax, Iowa......is Great...with me.
: (
{Allyson....Knows Every Detail...Concerning This Wrongfulness. }

I thought about it, for a minute...and said...
"How about...'Memphis'?"

Last time we went through...on our way to New Orleans...several years ago...
we, spent about an hour...in Memphis.
We had Amazing BBQ, at Interstate BBQ.
Then...kept heading South.

I, remember...pulling in, at Home...after driving straight through...from Nashville, one year...
after Heart of Country.
I...sat in the FUSO...thinking, I should bail in Jethro...{Mustang} and head back...South, to Memphis...and Grab some of That Amazing BBQ, for John. 
<3
Just one more... short...24 hours, and he'd be eating BBQ, from The Best...Memphis BBQ.
: )
Figured...as I was sitting there, nose to nose...with Jethro...
John wouldn't miss me, too much, if I was 24 hours late.
; )
He'd Forgive me...
when I handed him that BBQ!!!
: ) 
I, don't eat meat...anymore, but...when it comes to BBQ, well...I..kinda 'Slip'.
; )


I have a feeling, Memphis....has lot's to offer.
; )

Whatever...Allyson decides...will be Perfect.
; )
We both...Love....The South.

<3

The above...picture...is of Liz, and Katie...in Sally.
<3 <3 <3 
Several...Years...Ago.

I, should have The Boys...Tune the Old...Gal, Up...
Allyson, and I...would have Great Fun....
Top Down..
Music Blastin'....
Flyin'.
; )

I've thought about....takin' off....and heading to New Orleans, many times...over the last couple of years.
Too many frickin' obligations.
; (

Allyson, and...I...are total opposites, in many ways.
Our Faith...is in Unison.
We Love...The Lord.
<3 
So...Everything Else, falls into place.
<3

She's an Angel...with Pristine...Wings. <3 <3 <3 
mine...
are singed, and smoldering...often, from getting a little too close to The Flames.
; )
She...Loves me...anyway.
<3
We Always...Always...have a Great Time.
Crazy...Crazy...Crazy...
Times.
; )

I'm headed to The Rabbit Hole, in a little bit.
Still trying to figure out...which way to turn, concerning being Open.
It's very worrisome.
Very.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.










 

No comments: