Saturday, March 27, 2021

Wooden Heart.

Pal, Dale...picked me up, yesterday....and we headed North.
Had to look at an old...Store Cupboard, along with a bunch...of other things.

Dale, and I go way back.
He's been a Dear Friend, for decades.
Like Pal...Mark, he's like Family.
<3
We used to travel a lot...together, saved John...many times, from 'Having'...to go with!!!
hahahahaha!!!
Dale, thought the world...of John.
The feeling was mutual.
; )

It'd been a long time, since we took a Road Trip...
It was good, to catch up...and, solve the World's...Problems.
; )



I...just couldn't pull the trigger, on the Big Cupboard.
I explained...to the Owner, that's not...like me.
I, can spot an old Cupboard, or...just the Crown...of one, buried...in a Barn, and know...I'll take it.
Not....this time.
: (
She's holding it...for me, a couple days, while I process.
: )

They had so Much...Stuff, in a Massive Warehouse.
It was fun, seeing it all.

I am buying these two...1930's Butcherblock Tables, from their Grandfather's Bakery.
They have to decide on prices.
I'll slip up...next week, and get them.
Maybe...the Cupboard, too.
I, don't know.

Their Family...had Candy Shops, and Bakeries...
Very Cool....Stuff.



We stopped at Plaza Antique Mall, in Dyersville, Iowa....on the way, North.
Found some Neat Stuff, there...as always.
It was GREAT....Seeing Kathy.
<3 
I've known her...for Decades.
Love her....So.
<3
As I was getting ready to pay...looked over at a Showcase, near the door, that Always...get's me in Trouble.
; )

On the top shelf...I saw a Jewelry Casket, Heart Shaped.
{Trouble...Trouble. ; ) }
Then...looked down, in the case, and saw a tiny....wooden Heart.
{more....Trouble. ; ) }

Had the Girl's pull them out, so I could 'Look' at them.
; ) 
When my hand's touched them...
it was all over.
<3




The tiny wooden Heart, was actually a Snuff Box.
<3
Smaller than a Silver Dollar.
Precious.
<3


I, knew...it was incredibly...early, when I touched it.
I, have a 'Sickness'...for Early....Empire Furniture, {1825, to the 1850's...or, so. }
This little Darling, had the Same....'Feel'. <3
'Soulfulness'
<3

The tiny lid, was a bit stuck...so, asked Kathy to open it.
I, didn't want to damage it.
She, carefully....did.
then...said, "oh...there's a note, inside."

It reads, 
"Mahogany Snuff Box, made by Fred J. Slawlor about 1835."
{could be 'Slawtor', they may not have crossed the 't'. }

Wow.
I, knew...it was from that period, but...it was Priceless...to see the tiny, old...old...handwritten note.
<3 <3 <3
{it's a 'Keeper', if ya hadn't guessed. : ) <3 at least...for a little while. <3 } 

Found several pieces of Romantic Staffordshire, that also dates from the 1850's or...so.
A Darling, Unusual...Sprinkling Can...a Sweet, tiny....Iron Anvil, a Gnarly...Cast Iron Windmill Pump, and...a Vintage, Mink Collar.
<3
Great....Prices.
<3

{Dale said... "I can't Believe...you're buying Fur, knowing how much you love animals.
Told him, I'd never buy a new one, but...there's no fixing, the past. A little Critter sacrificed his, or her Life...long ago, I wear the Vintage Fur, often...and am Grateful, they keep me warm. 
I wear them...around my neck, and don't have to wear a heavy coat, because they keep me so warm.
<3 <3 <3 }
Kathy...found the above box, to pack the little Treasure's...in.
She thought...it was kinda 'Fitting'. <3 

I bought Dale's Supper, for doing the driving....
We went to The Lighthouse, in Cedar Rapids.
Love That Place.
Hadn't been there, for a Long...Time.
Dale, said it had been decades, since he'd been.
It was a Treat.
; )
I had the Lobster Bisque, and Cheated...on my Vegetarian Lifestyle...
with a Very Rare...Very...Wonderful...Prime Rib.
<3



yeah...Boy.
; )
After eating the Rich...Lobster Bisque, I...ate about 4 bite's of the Prime Rib.
: )
brought the rest home, and Peanut...was a Happy Girl!!!


The Bar, is Amazing...at The Lighthouse.
Live...Jazz, last night.
oh my.
<3

It was a Good...Day.

Appreciated Dale, for helping out.
; ) 

Met with a Septic Dude, yesterday morning. 
Because of the wrongful IDOT District 6, Carnage, for Fairfax's Suicide Trail.... our system was damaged.
{House flooded 4 times, so far.}
The IDOT is going to pay to replace it all...but, it's heartbreaking.
The ONLY...part of us, that hasn't been destroyed, by the wrongfulness...soon, will be.
They're going to have to butcher, and butcher...all around our Home, and inside, to put a new system in.

I, wanted to vomit...while talking, and walking...with him.
 So...
it was a Blessing, to find The Road.

Love...to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.






 

No comments: