Friday, March 5, 2021

Too Tall... or, too small.





 Had the Meeting, here...on Site, yesterday.
Two...IDOT Representatives. from Des Moines/Ames.
One...Engineer, from District 6, and I believe...a Supervisor...from IDOT District 6.
and...
'Josey Wales'
Our...Lawyer.

I've spent some time...with two...of the IDOT Boys...since this 'Project' began.
The one...from Ames, has been Great.
The Engineer...from District 6, has, well...
our 'Journey'...has been 'Complicated', 'Strained', 
'Confrontational'...
Yesterday...was no different.

The Rep, from Des Moines, whom...I'd never met, seemed very willing to Help.
I....do believe, he's doing his Best.

Had much to share with them all.
Many images, 'Before'...images.
'During' images, and...they could all... 'See'...for themselves, what the 'Now'...is like.
: ( : ( : ( 

I was very nervous...before they arrived.
My hand's were trembling.
I, was a bit...hungover, but...mostly... simply...exhausted.

I came down on 'em...pretty hard.
With the Facts.

Asked them...as we were standing by the Rabbit Hole, how they would feel, watching their Wives...standing in my shoes, enduring this Wrongfulness, in their absence, all of these years.

Also, asked the District 6 Engineer, why...he Lied to me, concerning Fairfax's Trail.
I'll save his reply...for 'The Book'.
His 'answer'...was very interesting.

They left...with assurances, the IDOT was going to get on the drainage, around the Rabbit Hole.
We'll see, how much...how quickly...'action'...actually comes to fruition. 
I've been told...Many Things, from the IDOT District 6.
Their word's...hold little water, as we could see.
{even 'agreed' to, contracts...  legally, in writing, and recorded.}

When they all left, yesterday afternoon, I came in...and sat at the Table.
Nauseous.
Nauseous.
Hadn't eaten...anything...for nearly two days.
I, knew better.
Couldn't of held anything down.

Hoping my weakness...didn't show.
Don't like being so Strong...Willed, either.
: (
I, truly...just want to treat people...like I would like to be treated.
but...My Friend's...with District 6, that Ship...Sailed, long ago.
I don't like being Misled...and Lied...to.
'Butchered'.

When I watched them Breach Our Contract, and build a Trail...on the Bridge, and deny it...as I watched them build it, before my eyes.
That...pretty much, did me in. 
Told them...since then...I've become a 'Self Medicating, Semi-Alcoholic... Lunatic'
{They...thought I was being funny.
 District 6, is my 'Mercury'...to The Hatter. }

When they put us...in a basin, solely...because of their Wrongful...Trail...Accommodations, for Fairfax...
 that led to our Home...Flooding, now...4 times, in less than a year...oh my.
{I'd warned them...at District 6, over...and over.}
If they don't Fix...this Drainage...and the Rabbit Hole Floods, next...
well...let's just say, that worries me.
: (

I've been watching the 2010 Version...of Alice in Wonderland...over the last few days.
When I first watched it, back in 2010, it...was So...The Rabbit Hole.
<3
I, felt like... me, and Tim Burton...were separated at birth. <3
Thought, surely...he must've visited The Rabbit Hole, before he created the 2010 movie.
: )
So Many Parallels.

Now...when I watch it, I see...the Old...Rabbit Hole, but...sadly, see what it's become.
I'm posting a clip...of The Hatter, above.
I...Feel...Exactly, how he does...in that clip, every time...I go near it.

 Much of my nausea, yesterday...stemmed from standing beside it, and remembering...what it once was.
I, can't stand it.
It's nauseating.
Heartbreaking.

It was my Life.
Love.
Passion.
Livelihood.

I'm so grateful...this time, meeting with the IDOT, I had the best Lawyer...in The State, standing beside me.

Told them all...that.

I'm trying to decide...which direction...to go.
Do I trust them?
Do...I start putting all of the brokenness back together, and...watch it drown...if they don't keep their word,...again.

I'm not going to have a Sale.

After last week's Head On...Accident, here...I, Can't Invite Masses of Good People, into this Insanity.
That...would be wrong.

This road shouldn't be Open...to Through Traffic, in the condition...it's in. 
That's...So Wrong.
Told them All...So, yesterday.
They All...Saw, how Insane...This Is.

I'm not sure...how, I'm gonna stay 'alive'.... financially, but...I will.
Maybe...Online.
Maybe...scheduled appointments.
A few...people...at a time.
I, don't know.
Whatever...it takes.

Gotta find my 'Muchness'.
Seems, these days...I'm much, like 'Alice'.
Either...Too Tall, or...too small.

Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C. 















No comments: