Thursday, March 11, 2021

Somethin' 'bout a Truck.


Started the Gypsy Ford...up, Monday...
for the first time...since she started to give out on me...coming Home, one night...last Summer.
I really was surprised she started.
She's set...all these months.

{Son, Justin...said he was shocked, when he saw her, parked....by The Rabbit Hole. ; ) }

She's runnin' a bit...ruff, and blowin' white smoke, which...isn't good.
She's not burning her fuel...properly.
or...
had a thought, about the modulator valve.
{transmission, possibly fluid, being sucked up through a vacuum line.
I've had that happen, in a Ford, Gas Motor, it SMOKED Heavy...White Smoke...yet...the engine ran decent.}
Just had two injectors...replaced last year.
I, know quite a bit...about 'Gas'...Engines.
{Older, Carbureted Engines }

These Diesel's...are still...a mystery.
I'm learning a lot...but, have much...much...to learn.

It's been interesting troubleshooting, and talking to Folk's...who are so Amazing, and Full of Knowledge, concerning these Incredible Engines.
; ) 

I'm taking her in...in two weeks, and having the Experts...do a Compression Check.
Go...from there.
The Diesel Dr., I took her to, last year...has another 7.3, but...I'm leaning to have her Original Motor, rebuilt. 
Not...put another Used...Engine in.

I took a video...of starting The Gypsy, on Tuesday.
<3
Posted it above.
<3

Also...posted one of my favorite 'Truck'...Tunes.
<3


 

Spent Hours...Tuesday....diggin' Ice...from the back door, of The Rabbit Hole.
Used a big...Iron Bar, and a rake...along with an entire bag of ice melt.
I...was half worn out...before I began to work, inside.
: )
But...I got some things done.
: )
As I was leaving, for the day...a Group of Amish...Men, stopped by.
I, was already in The Gypsy, ready to park her by the House.

Those Guy's...went Crazy...at The Rabbit Hole.
: )
Questions were Flyin'.

"Who Own's This Place??? Can We Go Inside??? Is This Stuff For Sale???!!!"

Hahahaha....
: )
I said... "Me, No...Used to Be...until the Highway Destruction."
Hahahaha!!!

The Older...Amish Man...asked me if I was gonna get out of the Gypsy, and sell him some stuff.
: )
I, said.. "No."
; )
Told him...I had an ankle so swollen...from going up and down an 8 foot ladder, working...I'm not walkin' any further...than I absolutely...Have to.
; )
He started bringing things, to the door...of The Gypsy.
: )

They were searching for things, They still 'Use'.
I, was glad...to sell them, those things.
See the Old Souls...put back to Work, as they were intended...a hundred years ago.
<3

I, so Enjoy...Dealing with The Amish.
I've dealt with them...since I was a little girl, with Horses.
They are Straight Shooter's.
They're not Afraid...to Look You In The Eye.
When They Say Something....
You can 'Take It To The Bank'.

When we Negotiate...in Business, 
It's Always Fair.
Always.

Have You Any Idea...How Refreshing That Is...These Days, after Dealing with Fairfax, and IDOT District 6 for So Long????
Oh My.
Priceless. 








Found the above...while searching for a Birthday Card, for Son...Justin.
<3
I Burst Out Laughing!!!
Had to buy it.
; )
It Is SOOOO The Gypsy Ford!!!
I, fashioned it into a Key Chain...for the Gypsy...when I got home.
<3

Son, Justin...Rolls his Eyes...when I tell him, I'm gonna get her back in Good Running Order.
; )
Hahahaha...
: )
He, thinks I'm Crazy...for putting another....penny in her.
; )

There's Somethin'...'bout a Truck.
Not...'Every' Truck.
'THAT'
 Truck.

<3

Justin says...she's been Beat to Hell...and Back, {not a straight piece of sheet metal...on her. }
<3
She was Gifted..with the Amazing 7.3 Power Stroke...Diesel...back, in 1999.
Sadly...her Huge...Powerful Heart...has been Badly Beaten...and Broken, by Other's...long before...we met.

yeah...
'We'
kind of 'Understand'...one...another.
<3

To me...She's Worthy...
'Deserving'...
of a Little Tender Lovin' Care.
<3
Even..in the 'shape'...she's in....
She Makes me Smile.
<3
She...Makes me Laugh!!!
: )
That's PRICELESS.
Priceless.
<3 

{I won't remind...our Son, I've seen other's...spend money, a lot more...'frivolously'...in my, unspoken...opinion.
; ) 
'Judge Not...Lest Ye Be'...
<3 }


Love To Ya...
Prayer's... for All.

Barb C.

{It's a Good Thing...The Gypsy is Feelin' Poorly.
Tuesday...was So Beautiful...
had The Old Gal...been runnin' a little Better, there IS NO WAY...I could've worked.
: )
That Insane...Highway, was Callin' Us Out!!!
Oh...Dear.
Reminded me of a Few Other...Early... Spring Days...of my life...
and...
'Ditchin' School'.
; )
yeah...
Boy.
: )  }

No comments: