Friday, July 10, 2020

Workin'...Workin'...Workin'. Estate Sale, 7/16 - 7/19!!

Holy Smokes!
Lots of Stuff!
Pictures, of the Estate, Sunday...the 12th., Evening.
; )
We've got a Whole Lotta Chaos Goin' On!
Whew!
We keep finding More...and, More.
; )
Like...always. 

When you work these Estate Sales, it doesn't take long, to get to 'Know' the Person, whose 
'Material Life'
you're handling.
It can be very difficult.
Very..sad.
Sad, mostly...because, you'd wish you could've met them, in person.
<3

I worked alone, most of the day...
wasn't long, before I was having 'conversations' with 'Gene'.
: )
The Gentleman, whose things, we are getting in order.
His 'Key' Bib Overalls, were hanging, where he'd hung them, by the washer... to dry, long...ago.
As I folded them, I thought, and...said out loud, "Gene, I Bet...These, were Your Favorites."
<3
Found a 35th Anniversary Ford Mustang watch.
: )
I, had to slip it on my wrist.
: )
Yes, Gene...adored those Old...Ponies, like I always have.
<3
John...Too. <3 
Jethro, {Mustang, John brought back...to Life.}
under John's Old....Oak,
at John's Celebration of Life....
6 years ago, July, 19.
John's Birthday.

Gene's.....Estate Sale, falls on John's Birthday.
Because, of covid...we've had to push Everything...around.
: (
Seems, kinda....fittin', Us Mustang Folks, would spend That Day, together.
<3 <3 <3 

{I knew that, when the Garage door, rolled up, the first time I was at his Home, 
and saw his 'Mustang Family', nestled...inside.}
<3
When I opened up the cabinet, where Gene kept his massive collection of Music...
I, wondered, what kind of Music, he...enjoyed.
He, listened to the Good, Old....Country Music, like we do, along with a diverse mix, 
of All of The Good Tunes, from yesterday. 
<3
oh...my. 
: )

In the afternoon, I found my way to the Garage.
{Sometimes, it get's a little overwhelming, working in one place, for a long time.}
While sorting...in the Garage...
found an old card,..signed by all of his co-workers, from the day he retired, many years ago.
He was Loved. <3
Gene, Loved Them...too.
<3
He kept that card...in his top, desk drawer, in his Work Shop, over all of the years.
His...'Happy Place'.
<3
Gene's...'Rabbit Hole'. <3 
: )
Priceless.
<3

As I was working, outside, and in the Garage...turned around, suddenly, there was
a Man.... standing next to me...from out of nowhere.
I, was a bit taken back, at first.
Startled.
{kind of get in my own little world, while I sort.}
 : )
The Man asked me if the house, had sold.
{He'd seen a sign, in the yard.}
Told him...I, was pretty sure, it had.
We began talking, and within a few minutes, I knew his life story.
It...was very sad.
: (
He'd lost his Son...then, his wife, then..his Home, and Business.
: (
He, was trying....to put his 'Life'...back, together.
Hoping, to find a Home, in his old neighborhood, where he, and his Family...had lived.
: (
then...
the Man, went on....and said,
 "I don't know...how I could've survived, these last, several years..without my Faith."
: )
<3 
He didn't go on, and..on...he, just had a Peaceful...Presence, as he spoke.
<3
I, told...him, he's what I refer to....as... a 'Living Prayer'. 
<3
Told him, I've had some heartbreaks, too....
and, my Faith, carries me, as well...
but, haven't found the 'Peace', he...has, just...yet.
; )
Still, making my way, through the 'Twilight Zone'.
; )
We both...agreed, that we're each...on a 'Journey', with it's own....
personal...
chronological order.
; )
'One day...at a time. One, Moment...at a time'
He, was one of my Blessings, of this day.
<3
There have been...many.
I'm Grateful.

Love...to You.
Barb C. 

{May God...Bless us, all. 
<3 <3 <3 }








No comments: