Monday, July 27, 2020

Numb.


Woke up...to no water, to make my Morning Brew.
Called Son, Justin...to come see what was wrong.
He went to the basement, and....found it flooded.
Several inches of water.
A pipe, connected to our Well Pump, had let go.
because....
the IDOT District 6, crushed our floor drain tile, to make accommodations....for Fairfax's Trail...
Our Basement, couldn't drain.
We had a Swimming Pool, in our Basement, thanks to District 6, and the City...of Fairfax.
oh my.
: (
I immediately texted, and sent the picture....of our flooded basement to the Man, with District 6, who is overseeing this mess.
Then, I sent a picture, to Josey Wales, our Lawyer.
I, didn't expect Josey, to do...anything, except document this.
However...he offered to reach out, to the IDOT.
Thankfully, he did...because, like in the past, the IDOT District 6, never acknowledged my pleas for help.
: (
If I would've had to track them down, today...it most likely wouldn't have went well.

This, the Drain Tile, has worried me from day one.
I've verbally, and in writing...warned the IDOT, not to crush, or disturb that tile, numerous times.
Every time I see a Contractor out there, near that tile, I warn them...too.
The IDOT crushed it, the last time we were condemned, 25 years ago...and, our basement flooded.
It, was devastating.
: (
We have it in our Settlement Agreement, to be very careful...around that tile.
: (
Guess..no one reads those Agreements, anymore.
: (

I...gotta tell ya, I'm numb.
Kenny, from Kenway Sewer...came out, late...tonight, and located the tile, which is broken, and plugged.
I could see the shards, strewn throughout where the IDOT has been digging.
: ( 
Kenny said, had that drain...been able to drain, the basement never would've flooded.
: (
The floor would've been wet, but....we've Lost, most everything.
The sheetrock, is saturated 10 inches up, tonight. The doors....nearly the same.

Yes, I'm numb.
I, was in shock, then..angry...now, I'm just....numb.
This...could've been so easily avoided.
It's not like....they didn't know.
: (
I spoke with one of the Schrader People, a couple of weeks ago, when I saw him digging around where I thought the tile might be, {and...was }
He said...not to worry, they were putting lots of rock, and tho, he hadn't seen the drain tile, he was sure it would still drain.
He...was wrong.

I sure don't see much gravel, around the new tile, they put in...
Our floor drain tile....is about straight to the East, Left.... of the stake, that's South of the Locust Tree's Stump.
You...can barely see it. About where they are digging, in this image.
: (
About, where that Guy, is standing.

Kenny, and I marked the end of our broken tile...tonight with green flags, and...the Cross.
You can see the shards, from our Clay Tile.
I, remember...Tim Terrell, who excavated our tile up, 25 years ago..when The IDOT Crushed it, telling me..."You know, when you hit a tile.There's no way, you don't"
That...makes me sad.
Very.

I've been on the phone, most of the day...with Insurance Folks, and....Kenway.
Thankfully, for now...we have water.
I was afraid our Well Pump, was destroyed.
For now...Son, Justin....got it going.
Our water pressure isn't very good.
but...
we have water.
I, couldn't bring myself..to assess the damages, in the basement, today.
I, simply....could not.

I should've been working on the Estate Sale, but...couldn't leave Home.

'Home'.
: (
It's difficult...for me, to come 'Home', during the daylight.
Once I'm inside, I can get through.
It's very sad, they've taken that....from me, too.
There's no...peace, inside, or out.

All..for Fairfax's Trail...that shouldn't be.
A...Trail, I Pray, nobody ever uses.

Numb.
Guess.in a way, that's a Blessing.
I, haven't felt this....kind of 'Nothingness'...since the days, weeks...months.... after
 John passed away.
Guess... I must've...had some 'feeling' back, to understand, this loss.

oh my.
The next many days...are going to be insane, trying to clean everything up, and meet with Insurance Folks, and Heath Dept. Folks.

I'm Grateful..for a lot of things, and..for a lot...of people.
I, truly...have much, to be Thankful...for.
I, know...God has a plan, for all of this.
I'm getting pretty weary.
Numb.
but...
I'll sling that Saddle over my shoulder, in the morning...
throw it over The Day...
Cinch 'er up...good and tight..
and
Ride.
git 'er done.

Love...to Ya,
Barb C.





No comments: