Tuesday, July 28, 2020

My Mistake.

It's been a mighty...long....day.
I, kinda figured it would be.


Last night, Kenny, from Kenway Sewer....came out, and... Bless His Heart, located...the crushed tile, that is responsible for our basement flooding.
He said... "I, wish...we had a post, or a stake, we could mark this spot with."
I, looked over, and saw the Cross, I'd taken from beside our Home...to mark where our septic Junction Box, is.
{I was so worried, the IDOT, would get into that....too. }
It has re-rod through it, and, is easy to push in the ground.
Kenny, placed it at the end of our broken floor drain tile, he'd located, along with a Green Flag, and Green Paint, on the soil.

I notified AJ, and Steve Staebler, IDOT District 6, through texts, about this location...first thing, this morning.
Asked them to Please...not disturb these markings, as I'd called Jim, at the Health Dept., and...am waiting for direction.
No...reply...back

I noticed a lot of action...in front of our Home, this morning.
Walked outside....
Saw, a Digger.
For a moment, I thought they were going to fix...our broken tile.
Then, saw the Digger, dig...in the wrong place.
Nowhere near, where Kenny, had marked.
I watched the Digger....
Drive Over, and Back Up...over The Cross, several times.
: (

I, simply....couldn't walk out there.
Called.... Son...Justin, and asked him to retrieve The Cross.
That, he did.
<3

The Digger, said he was sorry, to Justin.
That, was a good thing.
I'm pretty sure, the Digger, wouldn't have said that....to me.
: (
That...makes me very sad.

The IDOT was digging, approximately 21 feet, from where our tile was located, and clearly marked...last night.
I, texted AJ, at District 6....about that, right away....early, this morning.
again,
no...
reply.

What breaks my heart...
These IDOT Boys, are pretty Good Men, in my book, as  'People'.
{Not making the best choices, as 'People'....in my opinion, tho. }
Had 'They'...been in Trouble, 
I....never would've turned my back, on them...
as, they...have, on us.
: (
You Can Take That...to The Bank.
{I told them that. }
I, foolishly, expected...better, of them.
My mistake.

Love, to Ya....
Barb C.

{There's much more, to this Long...Hard...Day, that...I'll have to write about, tomorrow. 
My Heart, and...Gut, can't Go any further. }

No comments: