Sunday, July 5, 2020

Take me Home...

Me and The Gypsy Ford....
hit the Road, yesterday.
We wandered aimlessly, for hours....
on the back roads.
<3
Kicked up a Lot...of Dust.
<3 <3 <3

It was toasty, around 90, the Gypsy's air doesn't work....but, that's o.k.
Like Dad, I'm not much for running the air.
Prefer the Fresh Air.
<3
The Old...Gypsy, seemed to forget how 'ill', she is....and ran like a Top.
<3 
Guess...she digs the back roads...too.
<3
We spent most of our time...in Benton County, Iowa.
Love that area.
Spent many years there, growing up.
Went by my 'Happy Place', the Farm...near Keystone...I lived at when I was 7.
<3
Sadly, it's been gone for decades, but...I can still see it, standing Tall, and welcoming me Home.
While driving through Newhall, an elderly Man, waved us down, at a four way stop.
He was lost, and seemed very perplexed.
He was trying to find his way to Shellsburg, he'd gotten directions from someone many miles before, and was turned all around.
: (
I told him, it was his lucky day....I was heading to Shellsburg, myself...and to follow me. : )
So...we made our way to Shellsburg.
: )
Dad hired an elderly Lady, to watch over me...in Shellsburg, when I was 8, when he couldn't take me to work with him, that Summer.
She had a Barn, behind her home...where I kept my Pony, Joe.
I'd ride him to the Lazy 'H' Tavern...in Shellsburg, most every day...tie him out front, go inside, and with the change Dad gave me, I'd play the Jukebox, 'Take me Home, Country Roads'...over, and over.
{It reminded me of my 'Happy Place', near Keystone, we had to leave...the year before. }
Those poor Ladies, that worked there...must've about lost their minds.
<3
Often, they'd give me a piece of Pie, or...a Burger, they 'had' to get rid of. 
'It was going to go to waste...if I didn't eat it', they'd say.
<3 
I'm glad....the elderly Man, pointed us....that way.



Then, The Gypsy, and me...found the Gravel, again.
We covered...many, many...many....miles.
Iowa, is So Beautiful.

On our last stretch...
we hit the Back Roads, on blacktop.
I began seeing Tractors, at nearly every Farm...adorned with American Flags.
<3
My Heart...Swelled, with Pride.
Brings tears to my eyes...still.
<3









I...sadly, haven't had much to feel 'Proud'...about, for a long, long...time,
 watching up close, and personal...
what 'Government' has done...to us, so wrongfully.
Hitting the back roads, feeling the dust, on my skin...
smelling Fresh Air...with the Sun on my face, was the Best Medicine.
<3
Having the Driver, of every Pick Up....we met, give us a 'Wave', 
like Iowa Farmer's always....do, whether they know ya...or not, 
because...
if your driving a Pick Up...you're a Friend, 'Neighbor'.
<3 
Seeing, that there's still....some sanity, and 'Real'..people,
 in this 'Twilight Zone' World...
I'm livin' in...
was Such a Blessing.
<3 <3 <3 
It was nearly 10, last night...when The Gypsy, and me...pulled in.
Fireworks were lighting up the sky, from every direction.
They...had Nothing, on The Moon, last night...tho.
: )
It was So Huge, and Incredible.
<3 
Hope You..had a Peaceful 4th.
Love...to Ya, 
Barb C.

No comments: