Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What Cheer.... oh my....

 
oh my...
Just got home...from setting up...at What Cheer...
Liz...and Miss. Scarlett....{who was feeling Much Better!}
 insisted...on bringing The Ford...
We arrived in the early afternoon....
it was...Beautiful...out...
but...as the day went on...
The Wind...
began to Howl!!!
I Mean...HOWL!!!!
{I watched a Ken Burns Documentary...last night...about the 'Dust Bowl'...
I felt....like...I was Living It...Today....}
We are in a building....that is open...on all sides...
with a roof....
Liz and I...framed up a wall... and covered it...in heavy plastic...
That...didn't last long....
The Wind....
The Howling....Wind!
Then...Lynn and Lea... showed up....
{ I had visited with them...earlier... said if...they were headed What Cheer....way... bring a Drill....
Mine...Died... and no electricity to recharge...: ( }
They helped us unload...and run more boards...and plastic....
oh my...
Then... I decided...when we were getting ready to head home...to block the North Wind... with the Box Truck....
Snug him in...Tight....to the overhang.... at the front of our booth....
I Jacked the Truck in...Tight....
but...after doing so... I found...the Truck...stuck out...a bit too far... into traffic....
so...thought... I'd better move it....
but... The Truck... had dropped into a rut... and...I couldn't get away...from the building... without hitting the Gutter...
{I had it...TIGHT!!!
Yes...I was in a VERY Tight...Spot!!!!}
I called Lynn... and said..."WHERE ARE YOU????"
I knew... I was going to have to have someone...on the ground...
with...'Truck'... experience... guiding me....
{I couldn't see the entire top of the Box...in my Mirror...}
Just then...my neighbor... walked up...I asked him...if he...could guide me...
{It was funny... He was pushing...on the side...of the Heavy...Monster Truck...
Trying...to open the sliver of a Gap... at the top...
I suppose... it's one's first instinct...
It...Didn't...Move...: ) }
But...we... inch by fraction...of an inch.... got it out...
Everything...Unscathed...: )
oh my..
I...Miss. Scarlett...and Liz... are Covered in GRIT!
I just took a sip...of The Queen's...Wine...
and...I feel Grit... on my Lips...
In my teeth...
oh my...
All the Furniture...is Covered...in Fine...What Cheer... Dust...
oh my...
oh...my...
Liz...reminded me... on the way home... {She was Squeezed into the Tiny Back...of the Ford...That is...Loaded...with Stuff! } so Scarlett could be in her car seat...}of the statement...she had made...as we were loading... this morn...
"When You Die....I'm NOT doing...This!!!"...
: )
I feel...very Guilty...about leaving...my Old...Soulfulness... to fend for itself....
at What Cheer...
so much so...
I told...Liz... I should just keep the Old Corner Cupboard...it deserves...Better....
I bought...a Great...Walnut Fireplace Mantle...and a Darling...Early....little 5 Drawer piece...
{The Drawers...are all hand dovetailed... LOVE IT!}
and...some other...Sweet... Dibby Dabbies...: )
The Booth....is in a Pile...
I'll deal with it...in the morn...
All...in All...
It Really...was... a FUN Day!
and...yes...
I...am... CRAZY!
and... so...VERY... BLESSED!!!
: )
Love to Ya!
Barb C.
{There are a Lot...of Folks...set up...at What Cheer.... Lots of Great...Stuff!!! }
I'll have images...tomorrow.... WAY to...Crazy...Today!
 
I sampled this wine... yesterday... at Frond Design Studio...
{She Carries...some...Amazing...Wine!}
Holy Smokes... Love It...
The Proprietor... Stephanie... said...it was The Queen's Choice...
for her
Diamond Jubilee...
It's a White...French Wine....
I thought...
"If it's good enough...for the Queen...."
: )
I bought two bottles...
and...
Cracked...one... Tonight....
Here's To Ya...
: )
{Who would have thought...while attending The Queen's Diamond Jubilee....sipping...this wonderful Wine...
that...someday... some Crazy Woman...in Iowa... Covered...in Grit...
{Inside...and Out...
My nose feels...like I've been Snorting Concrete Dust...all day...}
after...being Blown...Away... in a Dust Bowl...
All Sweaty... and Dirty.... after
Loading...Unloading... Old Trucks....
would...also... be enjoying...the very same...Wine...: )
I doubt...they could have...enjoyed it...then...any more...than I do...this...very...moment...}
Life...Is...Good... : )
{I just pulled my Pink High Tops...off...
and they went...
'POOOOOF!"...
Dust...Rolled...off of my pants....and Shoes....
oh my...
: )
What Cheer...is a Great...Time...Amazing...Finds...
and...
a lot...of...Dust...
but...
It's Worth It!
: ) }
 

No comments: