Thursday, May 16, 2013

Treasures...

Crazy Day!!!
but...
looking back...
It Made me....
Smile! : )
Spent the Day...Prepping for The Memorial Day Weekend Sale!
I did Everything...from Trimming Trees....and Making the Weed Whip....
SCREAM!
to Planting Flowers...
Had a Million things...to gather...for landscaping...and Fish Care....
A Sweet Friend...had told me...last week about an Estate Sale...she was working...
and thought I'd better come....
it Opened...yesterday afternoon...
{It was Great Seeing Old 'Saling'...Friends! Steve and Sue...
{'Remember When' Antiques....Marion, Iowa...}
Alice...{ Alice's Wonderland....Mt.Vernon, Iowa...}
Jeff and Nicole... {The Fun Shop... Cedar Rapids, Iowa }
Sandy...{The Doll...Lady.. : ) }
Barry...Gail...Randi...Dan {Jo Dan's Hiawatha, Iowa...} along...with so many...other...
Friendly Faces! }
I arrived late....and was a disappointing number...44....: (
but...turns out...that was a Good Thing... I had Plenty of time to Scour the Garage!!!
I would have missed so many GREAT things...if I had gotten right in the door!
Once I got inside...I bee lined...for the Basement!
I spotted...and bought...a Big...Old...Cupboard Top....
It's...Cool.... has Three Doors...across the Top!
then...
I spied another...Big....counter...type piece....
bought it too...
It has Lot's...of Drawers...and Doors....
Then...discovered...after I had purchased them...
as I was...looking them over...
The Top...was For...the Base...!
It's an Amazing...Big....Farm House Type...Cupboard...that they had used separately in different areas....!
They added a big....thick work surface....top...to the original....
 I'll be taking off...
Expeditiously!
can't Wait...to see them...
Together...
Again!!!
We're picking them...up...Tonight!
I'm working Yard...Detail...again today...
Holy Smokes...
The Grass is Sky High!
and...I have 350 pounds...of Cherry Stone...I need to cover all the paths with....
I'm hoping to get enough done...so I can go to...a couple Shows...on Saturday...
YIKES!!!
Better Get Crackin'!!!!
{I'll have images...of all of The Estate Sale...Gnarliness....
Later! There is going to be...A LOT...of...Waaaaay Fun....Old Gnarliness...  Here...for the Sale!!!}
Have a Grrrrreat...Day!
Love to ya!
Barb C.


I was....So...Surprised...when Cindy and Tom....brought this to me...as a Birthday Gift...
yesterday....
It was at Jacquie's Estate...
It was shocking to me....because it had on the bottom....
"Somewhere My Love....Lara's Theme"....My Dad's.....song...
but...it wouldn't play....so I didn't buy it...it would have made me sad....
to not be able to hear it....
Cindy bought it...and Tom...made it work!!!
What a Beautiful....Surprise....
They are Such...Angels...
I Truly...am...Blessed...
: )
{Thanks So Much....Guys...Love You!!!}
The Lilacs....are...Beautiful...and smell....Better...than they look....
It's soooo good....to see them....
It's been a Long...Winter...: )
My Helper..: )
Ahhhh....
Lily....of The Valley....
{ sigh...........}
I no more...than sat down....in the Green House...yesterday...Morn...to contemplate...the next week....
 Liz...Miss. Scarlett....Nicky...and John came in....They are planting Produce...that Liz started from seed...
They Have....Many!
Scarlett wanted to go feed Scout an Apple....
so...we walked down....to the pasture...
I told her to YELL ....
 "SCOUT!!!!"
LOUD!!!
She did...
and...
nothing...
She yelled....and waited...still...no Scout...
So...I helped her....
and around the Barn...he came Taring!!!!{The Earth...Shakes...when he comes Runnin'!}
Scarlett...said...
"Oh Dear!"....
while watching him....Storm Towards Us!!!!
{It was...Hilarious!}
 
"Oh...Dear!!!"
Scout was like..."So What's the Big Deal?...and...More Apples...Please."..: ) }
Picked up...two of these...BIG TRAYS!!! and...Tons.....Old  Wiss Scissors... {those are Mom's Favorite Brand!}
They were scattered throughout the Estate....
I gathered...and Gathered!
The Ford...is LOADED!
Kept...paying...then...going back....inside....
for One More...Look!
{Wound up writing THREE CHECKS!!! kept finding...More....Dibby Dabbies!!! : ) } 

No comments: