Friday, May 3, 2013

Whoooops! : )

Well...
When I heard...this Morn...that the Weather Guy...Lied...and it was going to rain...all day....
I almost... stayed Home...
There hasn't been much What Cheer Traffic....with the Wind...Cold...and Rain....
But then... I thought....
All of those Folks...My Neighbors....who...were sleeping in their Vans...
 and Fought the Cold...and Wet...They would be there....
I...had better go....
but...I Fiddled around....getting there...
Stopped...here and there....
Antiquing all the way...
Taking my...Sweet Time....
Do Doo....Do Do Do.... Mahna Mahna...
{I find...the older I get...
 I am...
My Father's...Daughter....
A Man once said... about my Dad...
"If...Marion Conner says...he'll be back...on Tuesday....
You'd better ask him...of What Month....and...What Year"...
The Man said it...with a Smile...on his face...: )
He...knew...Dad...always had...The Best...of Intentions....
Somehow... The 'Journey'...and...the Wind...in our Sails...
 can take us... Miles...off Course...: ) }
Whooooops!
{After all...it was Pouring Rain!}
I was on the phone...with Mark...when I pulled in front of my Booth...
all I could muster.... into the phone...was...
"Whoooops!"
There were Paths.... like a Cow Paths....through my Booth....
The Big...Mounds of Straw...I had Fluffed...all over the Ground...
Were FLAT!!!
I Knew...
I was in BIG Trouble...
I told Mark...I had to Go!
I was met at my booth... by my Sweet Neighbor...
who looked Exasperated!
He said...
"Where Have YOU Been!? I Could Have Sold Your Booth Out!!!! It was Packed....with People Who Wanted To BUY!!!...."
YIKES!!!!
I apologized....over and Over...
He wasn't mad... he was sorry.... I didn't have some of the treasures priced... and he didn't have my number....
to call...
{I'd told them...where the key was...to the FUSO...but...forgot to leave my phone...number...}
Oh My!
Oh Well...: )
I'll be there Bright and Early... in the Morn...
I left my number....
We'll be ...packing up...around 4... I want to have Sunday Supper...
for the Kids...
It was a Great Day... even tho... I missed some sales...
I Shared a Lovely Supper...with Gerald....He and Darla... are such...
Genuine...Folks....
And...visited...with some...very...Fun People!
It's All...Good!
{Sorry...to the Folks...I Missed..: ( }
Love...to ya!
Barb C.


This...was what it looked like..all day.... oh my....
The Weather Guy...said it was going to be better...today...he lied...
oh well...
It was a Great Day!
Tomorrow...it Is...going to be...Much Better!
Warmer...and little...or no rain!
Liz and I...are going to start loading out...around 4:00 Saturday...
: )
I want to have the Kids...over for Sunday Supper....
 
This is...Snow...on the FUSO.... Dang...
It Rained...and Rained...all day...
Snowed...in the night....
 
Found this...Well Loved...Red and White Quilt...at Gerald's Booth...at What Cheer....
My booth is so wet... I can't put any Fabric...out... It sure doesn't feel...as Cozy...without...Textiles...
It was Great Visiting with the Amana Folk...at their Garage Sale... {The Ford...STOPS...at All...Garage Sales....: ) }
 where I found these...
{I'll...Blame...The Ford...for my Tardiness...: ) }
These are...Original...to The Amana Colonies.... mid...to last quarter of the 1800's....
Love...Love....Love...
'em!
This is all...Hand Worked... and...all the Ferns...are real....
Beautiful....
I picked up this Old...Wire...Heart Shaped Lamp Chimney Cleaner.... at The Williamsburg Antique Mall...as I was heading to What Cheer....Guess... I should have went....Strait....to What Cheer... Whoooooops!
Loved these Books...when I saw them...today....at What Cheer... They are Filled...with Wonderful Stories From...the early...to mid 1800's... The Covers...are...Beautiful!!!
When I got Home...I began going through...PILES..of the Most...Wonderful Old Post Cards...Photos...Tin Types...Hat Pins....and Calling Cards...
I Get Lost...when I Play...with these....Toys....
I spotted this...Old Book... on a table... amongst...a Pile...of others...
I'm always drawn to these...Old...Gnarly...Grungy....Books....
I expected to find a Spelling... or Arithmetic...book...inside...
But...to my surprise... it was an 1877....
"The Adventures of Tom Sawyer"
with Samuel Clemens holding the 1875 copyright...
I have never held...a copy...of this book...that is this Early....
It's in 'Well Loved' condition... but...that doesn't bother me...
in fact... it makes me Smile...
Thinking...of all of the Children... who checked it out...for the very First...Time...from the Keokuk Library....
back...in the Day...it First was written!
What a Journey...They must have Taken...while reading...this Novel!!!!

No comments: