Saturday, August 27, 2011

Miss Scarlett's First Auction!

{I put 'the Auctioneer' on lead... This one, sounds like the Kalona Auctioneers...they could sell a Horse a minute...whew... I learned to understand their chant, when I was little older than Miss Scarlett...it's like a lullaby...}
Me and Miss Scarlett were duded up in our Shades... and had a most Lovely Day at the Auction...she had everyone fussing around her... She Smiles and Smiles... and Loves to Meet Everyone... She's a real Socialite!....
{pretty good, for only being 5 months old....!}
It was great seeing Tom Sandersfield, and Jim Arp... they are two of my Favorite Auctioneers! Always Fun!
Didn't see too many folks I knew... Garth....and Cindy... that was it...But lots of nice folks... it was a good day....I bought most everything I set out to... Some Darling little Christmas Ornaments...{Peg will be delighted...oh dear...but Peg...I don't Have Any...Like These......} Tho...I'm not doing Horse Stuff...anymore...I bought a Boyt Saddle....Boyt was a wonderful Maker, way back... they are from Des Moines, Iowa... Miss Scarlett LOVED it...when we set her on it... ahhh yes.... she will be a Horse Woman....
I got a Mega Gnarly Cast Iron Urn....very cool... and some neat Galvanized pieces, for Fall.... oh my... I bought 2 Martin Houses...1 has quite a bit of age to it...It's a Sweetie....The other, I may put up, for the local birds.... I also bought a Most Wonderful Huge Punch Bowl...along with all sorts of interesting old glassware! It was a Very Good Day...It was Great Spending Time with Liz...
and Miss Scarlett....
I was pooped when I got home...but Sweet Friends from Illinois popped in....and I had to go visit... What Darlings...they Shared their Wonderful Amana Bakery with me... oh my... Good Folk...

I mean..,really.....look at these little guys... in their Original Boxes... oh my....{Peg...I have never had the 'Original Boxes'....}

No comments: