Saturday, August 27, 2011

It Is...What It Is...

A Busy Day.... Filled with Great People...and Fresh Tomatoes.... ahhh...life is good.... My first stop, was my friend, Marion's Home....her sweet daughter Ann, joined us, and I got a lovely tour of her Home....I love what Marion has done with it... it is truly 'Home'....I think so many, try and make their house like a magazine....and not like, who they are.... Marion's is who she is.... with everything from Bennington Pottery, to Modern Art Pottery... It's so interesting... I didn't take any images....take my word for it....it was Lovely!
Then....Pal, Val had called, day before yesterday... and said we needed to spend a little time together....she was so right.... after I was done at Marion's {she wanted a little advise on a landscaping project..} I headed to Val's...As fate would have it....en route...I came across an 'Estate Sale!'... oh my...found a bunch of lovely treasures...that Val found lovely, as well...so many didn't go much further! I do have a Beautiful, tho, somewhat gnarly French Bedspread...{Old...old...with patches all over it! If it would have been larger, Val would have taken it for a table cloth, in the Ball Room... but...no dice!}
 Val is a Master Gardener...she had the most Amazing Tomatoes... She made us lunch... oh my gosh... a Tomato Salad... Oh My! Tomatoes....I could live on them...and Onions... That's all I need...I was in Heaven... What a treat! Then....back on the road...had an appointment with Kim Wolfe {Wolfe's Antiques Mt.Vernon, Iowa.... } She had a wicker gazebo she wanted me to see...They are going to bring it to the Fall Sale... it's cool.... She also took me for a tour of her home.... Lovely...It's furnished with Beautiful Treasures... and like me.... they have what touches their hearts... and everything has a memory attached...Love It! Kim and Glen, just lost one of their beloved four legged family members.... Kim and I shed many tears... It's so hard......
As I was headed to Kim's, I ran into Tommie {FUEL Mt.Vernon, Iowa} at the 4 way stop.... I invited myself, to see her New Home! So...when I left Kim's...I headed over.... How Sweet it Is! She is the Coolest Cat..... I watched her gears spin, as she was dreaming of her new, blank canvas! and how she is planning to make it her own.... I can't wait to see it! Tommie is doing art shows, and has one coming up, at Cornell College...She has taken Amazing Images, at an Old Cannery....her eye, is wonderful... wow... very...very wonderful...Then...I called John W., I have owed him, for 2 platters, since the 4th of July....and wanted to get him paid.... so... I took a chance, called him....and he was home....! It was kind of late....but he invited me for a nice visit, on his Lovely Sitting Area.. and...Prepared a Fabulous Meal...for me! Wow!!! I'm gonna have to owe him, more often! We had such a Lovely Visit...John is amazing.... Kind...and Gentle Spirit.... {and a Darned good cook!} We sipped a little wine...and reflected, on the World's issues... I think we both just want to through our hands in the air....oh my....I'm heading to an Auction, with Daughter, Liz, and Miss Scarlett....So I must Hurry! Hurry!
Love to Ya!
Val's Tomatoes! mmmmmmmm....
Barb C. 
I could eat this, morning...noon and night....oh my....
Val, Pixie...and ONE of her Amazing Tomato Plants...YOWZA!
Val, giving me pointers...from a Master Gardener's perspective....on what a Potting Shed should have.... {I have an new project...maybe....for John...oh dear...}
Sweet Tommie...{check her out on facebook!} I so enjoyed our visit... I think the biggest thing, we have in common... we wear our hearts on our sleeves... and our Emotions...are very, very close to the surface.... we understand, each other... that is a Gift, to me....She is showing me her Fab Art Work... Wow...{it was great seeing her Mom, and Beckett, too....}
Oh My!!!! This is The Wonderful Home Made Salads, John Graced me with.... One is Cabbage...with Craisins, soaked in an Allspice, sauce....{oh dear}... the other, is a Corn Relish, of sorts.... A Maz Ing! {It had a little 'heat' goin' on....mmm....mmm...} He does these from scratch...so I ordered him to write down the recipe! Oh My!
Ahhh....Sweet John W. It was great catching up with him... he travels so much... I think the Stars were aligned.... for us, to be able to sit...eat...visit... and watch the Most Beautiful August... Sun Set!
Life is Good...
after all...
It Is...What It Is...

No comments: