Monday, August 1, 2011

The Journey...so much...in a couple hundred miles...{oh my...}

A Great Day!
Started at 7...this morn... hit the road runnin'... my Gal Pal...Gail H., had sent me info on a Big Dawg Cupboard.....{thanks...my sweetest friend...}so... I called the Man...{Victor...}who was the owner... and tho...my Friend, Lynn, from Central Iowa, had set a time for us to meet...in lower, central, Iowa...I juggled the two trips...into one... it was great...I so enjoyed the visit with Victor...{my first stop...}We came to an agreement...on price...then...we busted our butts...getting the Old Gal....out of the old house....Victor was awesome....We visited for sometime... What a kind man... a Good Man...I so enjoy this part, of my Journey...I always say...it's about the people...
It Is...
After we got the Big Dawg, loaded...I headed South...and hooked up with Lynn...He had some gnarly treasures...we loaded...and reloaded...we were both sopping wet, with sweat...I refused to turn the air on, in the Ford...'til after all was loaded...and my day, was done...I knew...if I was in air, today... it would be all over....I can take the heat....I can't take going in and out.... So...by the time we had everything loaded...strapped...and re strapped.... {around 2:30} I was ready to collapse.... I was soaked... filthy.... and...exhausted.... Thankfully...the Ford has an Amazing Arctic Blast.... for an air conditioner! {I was actually light headed...whew...it was Bad...out there...{86, at 9:30, this morn....mid 90's, this afternoon...{heat index, well over a hundred...and the humidity...well...it hung in the air...you could not only feel it...you could See it....all day...
I told Victor... as we were standing by the Ford...this morn, with sopping wet shirts...after loading the Big Dawg..."Just think...Rich Folks...pay Money to Sweat Like this...." He got a hearty Laugh! {wonder what he thought...when my shoes came off...and I was barefooted...on the other end of the Big Dawg!...actually...he said, he thought I was a Pretty Hard Worker...! I appreciate that...}
It was a Great Harvest Today! A Wonderful Old Cupboard...straight out of the house, it originated from...{love that!} a gnarly, tall Work Bench...with tons of drawers... A Lovely French Style Bed...wowza! a sweet Child's table... a Cool Little Cupboard... 4 Gnarly Lawn Chairs...and...
Great People...Who could ask for anything more?!
{actually...something more, did happen.... as Lynn and I were on the street...loading the gnarly metal chairs....a man came driving up, pulling a Stock Trailer.....asked Lynn...if he wanted more metal chairs.....I kept tieing down the load....Lynn had told him, yes... so...the man left, then came back, with 2 more... then he came walking up to me, and asked what I was buying.... and looking for...he would sure like to sell me some stuff.... I steered him back to Lynn....I told him...I buy from Lynn...so, whatever he has to sell...Talk to him....and...thanked him....
 Then...the man, introduced himself to me... and reached his hand out, for a shake....... Talk about a Small world.... I Knew the man....from the Horse business....when I was a Child.... he was a 'Kill Buyer".... I reminded him...of those days... ahhh... he got a smile on his face....from all the memories...I could see churning in his brain...until....I said...yep...I had your bidding number...and 3 others, on my list...{which we both recited...} that if, one of my horses sold to...it was an automatic..."NO SALE"...
Bless his heart....
I didn't recognise him.... he said, he didn't recognise me, with my shades on....which...I left on....I told him...he wouldn't, anyway...I was a kid...12 to 16, years old...but...I will never forget him { and the others, with Cattle Prods, loading the horses onto Semi Trailers....} that may be why I am a Vegetarian....
he said...you won't be eating any Horse meat...then will ya..
ahhh...nope...{a smile...and a shake of the head...}
I told Lynn...after the man left... how my temper could be, when it came to situations like these...not so long ago....but thinking about it now...how small the man, seemed today...in more ways than one...{he seemed like a Giant...when I was young...} Bless his heart.... Another step, on my Journey... Another time...another place...I could have taken him....down...to the ground.... but...God knew that....and, chose, this....way...Way.... out of that World... totally...by chance...meeting...today...and honestly...I feel sorry, for the man...I truly do....
Love to You...
Barb C.
{I had to call a friend, on my way home that also knew this man...way back...we discovered that, several years ago...she used to be good friends with him...way back...{we respectfully agree, to disagree on this topic...}she defended him... she is a HUGE 'specific' animal lover... she said this man only sent the ones to kill, that were old...or couldn't be tamed....so...I asked her, which ones, of her beloved critters...that were old...and unruly...she would send to Kill...OOOOPS!!! I'm Bad....{it's that 'walking in another's shoes'...thing....}
{The last shot, is of the coolest Bank Building, in the tiny Town, of Ladora

No comments: