Thursday, October 15, 2009

Re-Doing...

I am working on re-setting the front Green House today. The wild growth of Clematis, has really taken over! I am tackling it from the front to back, and removing all wooden furniture, and will be putting in all concrete and Garden pieces... We have had sooo much rain, and wet, that everything is waterlogged. I hope I don't kill off the Fall Clematis, but it truly is like a jungle! I'm excited to see what the Green House will evolve into. I spent the afternoon, Wednesday, in Mt.Vernon, and checked out a cool fountain, that Polly had just brought in. I really liked it, but until I can get everything situated, I don't want to bring something that large home... If it's still available, in a couple of weeks, then I should be able to find a place for it! I ran into my friend, John, at Polly's, and it was wonderful hearing about his trip to New England. I could see in his face, how much he enjoyed it, and was already wishing he was still there. John has a wonderful booth at 'First Brick' antique shop, and I always love his stuff! He deals in late 1700's to mid 1800's pieces, and has a wonderful eye. All the dealers there have great stuff, and I really enjoy seeing what new treasures they bring in! Ann, the owner has a wonderful restaurant, on the main floor, and always treats me with something yummy! Her home made short bread, is to die for! But today, back to work... and times a wasting! Barb C.

1 comment:

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

Are you looking forward to doing the Midwest show? I used to see some of the dealers at the Sandwich Market in the old days. They don't come anymore..in fact neither do I. It has changed so much over the years.