Saturday, October 24, 2009

Amazing Log Cabin Quilt, from my private collection...

I have all of the documentation on this quilt... It was registered with the Iowa State Historical Museum, in 1988. It is documented that it was made by Sophia Barnhart Arnold, around 1840.{ wife of Captain Edward Arnold {Civil War} related to Benedict} It hails from the same county in Southern Iowa, where my Dad was born and raised, 'Lucas', this is why I have kept it... This was sold by one of her family members. I will have all the documents, furnished me, with... This quilt is wonderful... in the top corner, it has a 15 patch... the backing will knock your socks off. I decided to pull this wonderful, old friend, just this morning, from my and Ed's Favorite cupboard, I haven't priced this piece yet, it will not be cheap.... It will be Fair.... A Quilt with this much documentation, is Rare.... It has complete history of every home it has lived in, since it's birth... Amazing...

No comments: