Monday, October 5, 2009

Emma and Alexa...{ Great Little Antiquer Gals!}

While their folks were gathering up the sweet cupboards {behind the gals} Emma and Alexa were finding their own treasures! I sent them home with prisms, that they simply had to have! ( maybe the next 'Keno's?} These girls were wonderful, they genuinely seemed interested in this old stuff! I love having children at the sale, and store. They are always so intrigued by old things, and it gives us the opportunity to share history with them. I encourage them to pick things up, and look at the wear on pieces, and explain how things were used, back in the day... I took an old weight driven clock to school one day, years ago, for my daughter's 4th grade class, pulled the dial off, and let the children gently move the minute hand clockwise, so they could hear, and see it strike, as the weight would drop, then let them wind it back up. One little boy took his turn, then just stood there, watching the movement, as the other children made the old clock speak, I asked him what he thought about that... with a mix of confusion and fascination, expressed on his young face, he replied " I understand, that when the minute hand passes the twelve, the clock chimes, and the weight on the string moves down, but what I don't see, is where do the batteries go..." Out of the mouths of Babes... Peg and I are running to the pumpkin farm, this morning... I am pretty tired out. I will be taking all week to disassemble the sale, and have wonderful "Sale Stories" to share with you later in the week, or possibly into next week...The weather wasn't the best, but we all kept our spirits up, and had a lot of fun! It's kind of like a big Antiquer Family Reunion! Always sooo happy to see everyone, and visit. I am sooo thankful to all those who made the trip, whether they may be from near or far, Joy and Alice, my Colorado Girls, Sarah and Mark, from Duluth, all the Gals from the Des Moines area, Waterloo, and Cedar Falls Folks, and many from Southern Iowa, to my dear neighbors, and so many others who braved the weather, to come see us... Thank You, from the bottom of my Heart....And a huge THANKS, to all who helped out, and brought wonderful treasures, and hung in there, with me.... Lynn, Lea, Mark, Carolyn, Gayle, Dale, Tom, Paula, John, Liz, Justin, Kate, Val, Roger, Gerri and the Keleher's, lastly, Peg.... I truly don't know how I could have gotten it all done without her, she was truly my blessing... 'til next time, Barb C.

2 comments:

cconz said...

Barb, i know your weekend was a huge success. It's all because you are a good and generous person, People are naturally drawn to you and your Outgoing and kind spirit. I know i feel i've known you for many years. But, it's only been about 6 months. I'm glad i can call you my friend. cathie

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

They are adorable and I am dying over the cupboards!! Janna