Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grace...

I know I should keep the blog, light and warm and fuzzy. But that isn't really honest... Life isn't always 'warm and fuzzy', and after thinking about it, I am thankful, for those very difficult times. God's most beautiful jewels are often delivered in rough packages, by very difficult people, and circumstances. We must trust in the Lord through the darkness, and honor Him with unwavering confidence even in the midst of difficult situations. The reward of this kind of faith will be like that of an eagle shedding its feathers is said to receive- a renewed sense of youth and strength. I read parts of this, this morning, after visiting with a friend, who is enduring some rather immense difficulties, yet be overwhelmingly blessed at the same time... I went straight to my Streams in the Desert, and read this.{ the above paragraph} When I look back on my life, it is so true. When you are brought down to your knees, maybe that is exactly where you need to be. It is important to recognize these situations, and handle them with Grace...then hand them over to God...{something I am still working on...}I always refer to the Old Grandfather Clock, without the heavy weights, it would be nothing, but a useless piece of furniture, and never be able to do the important job, it was created for... Keep forging ahead, you are never alone, those weights are there to make you strong, and you wouldn't have been blessed with them, if you were not worthy of them... Barb C.

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

I just pray now that at 65 I could have a little dry spell from the burdens. I'm just thankful for everyday that doesn't have a big ole burden to bear & this was a really good Saturday. Hope it was for you. Jan

Lori R. said...

Ya know, a long time ago in a Study I was doing, I professed outloud to my fellow studiers, that I thanked God for the burdens I have endured, am going through and the worse the burden, the more I thanked Him. I still believe that because those burdens is what molds us, humbles us and makes us stronger on the other side of it. I can tell you have such a genuine heart, I think we would really like each other, we kinda think the same. Grace and Peace, Lori