Wednesday, January 5, 2022

The Love....of Old.


Going through old images, of 'Before'...

back...
when so many...Wonderful Photographers, 'Artists'...would stop by The Rabbit Hole, and ask if they could do photoshoots, here.
<3

Made my heart swell...knowing that They...too, saw The Beauty, of 
The Rabbit Hole.
<3
Appreciated it's beautiful...chaos.
The Love...of Old.
<3


Was thinking about the book, that truly...turned a page, in my life.
It is titled, 
'For The Love of Old'.

As I flipped through it's beautiful pages, I melted.
<3
Finally...
Finally, there was Someone...on the Planet, who Understood.
<3

I'd been kicked around, in the 'Business', by other 'Dealers'.
They were Great...Folks, but...
felt what I sold, was 'Junk'.
Certainly not up to their standards.
Yeah, I was known as 'The 'Junk' Dealer', in Fairfax.
; )
{long before it was 'fashionable'. ; ) }

What was even more impressive, than The Book...
 'The Author' of the Book.
Mary Randolph Carter.
{ Executive Vice President Polo/Ralph Lauren }

Wrote her a letter, Thanking her, for Validating what we Love...So.
; )
We've exchanged a few emails, over the years.
The last one, was in early 2014.
Just before our world began to implode.

Everything from cancer...to a wrongful 'trail'...has kept me quite consumed.

Don't know what made me think of it, today.
It, is...kinda like a Bible, to me.
It's been a Long Time, since I flipped through it's pages.
Read, the words...that, are so exact.
; )

Much has changed, since Carter...wrote this Book, in this Business.
'Junk'...is no longer a dirty word.
<3

{Remember pulling in to a one day, Iowa Show, the Promoter had asked us to attend, month's prior.
We, really didn't want to do her show...it was an outside event, but...it was a pretty show, so....we agreed to do it.
We pulled in, with The Truck, and Trailer...loaded like The Beverly Hillbillies, 
and a Man ...who worked for that show....said to another Vendor, 
as he walked ahead of us, directing us to our booth, 
"Well...I hear they can set a good booth, but don't know how they do it with that pile of shit."

It was EVERYTHING I could Do, to keep from Flooring The Old Ford, as the Man walked ahead of us.
Oh...dear.

We Rocked It...at that Show.
and...
Never...went back. 
I wouldn't even shop it.


The following year, we were included in one of the most prestigious Shows, in The Country.
Heart of Country, in Nashville. 
Libby Kramer, Promoter, believed in us.
<3
and...The Love of Old.
All of It.
<3}

Always found it so sad, back in the day...that other's couldn't see the Beauty, in these old...worn, chipped, frayed...mossy, and mended things.
Some...never will.
That's o.k.
I don't find much Beauty, in perfection...either.
; )

If you get a chance, look up this Book, or...any of Mary Randolph Carter's Books.
Very....Soulful.
<3
Maybe, that's what I was searching for, today.


Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.




No comments: