Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Updated Evening...1/21 The Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market!!! January 23!!!



Don't Miss It!
Below, are a few items, a couple of our Awesome Vendors sent images of!!
THERE'S MUCH MORE!!!
and Always...Load's of Unusual Treasures, That Turn Up at This Event!!!
Many of our Trucks, and Trailer's, have been Loaded for Weeks, for This...Event.
<3

Can't Wait...!!!

UPDATED 1/21 Evening

Oh...My!
21 Below Zero...said my Lap Top...in Fairfax, Iowa...
this Morning.
; )

Waited, 'til...about 11 a.m., before I tried to fire up The Fuso.
{Box Truck}
It had warmed up to 12 below....by 11.
The Old...Truck, wouldn't start...for Helper, Brandon.
It did...for me.
<3
{I talk pretty Sweet, to the Old....Truck <3}
We...Understand each other.
<3

I was more concerned about it Gelling Up. {Diesel}

There were a few Vendors, who had the same problems today...with Big Trucks.
They'll be setting up tomorrow.
; )

Most of The Big Trucks, got in, and set...today.
{Show is Sunday.}

It's gonna be Crazy...tomorrow, getting everyone else in.
Always is, when Iowa's January Weather...is Ornery.
: )
{which, it Is...more often, than not. ; ) }

Below are a few images of what came in to Anamosa, today...for Sunday's Event.

Awesome!!!!!
{These Vendors, 'Friends'...are Beyond...Tuff. <3 }


The above image, and below...are what the Center looks like when we Start.


Thank God...for Helper, Brandon.
; )


Above is The Fuso... <3
We had it unloaded....in Record Time.

Pal, Dan, {Jo-Dan's} came by our booth, and said "Your second Truck {Helper, Brandon's}
looked a little Light."
: )
I smiled...and asked him where he thought we could Squeeze Another...'Thing' In???
Hahahahaha...
We Are A Full Booth!!!
: )


Not close to being Done, tonight....but, we got 'er In.
I'm taking more 'in'...in the morning.
; )
oh....My!!

There's Some Amazing Things...there already.
oh my.


Helper, Brandon...ran, and grabbed this Awesome Pair, of Old...Old...
Cast Iron Garden Settees for me, late this afternoon.
oh....my.

{Pal, Dale's Booth.}
They are bringing More...tomorrow, and finishing up.
Amazing...Things.



Polly...{Polly Ann's Mt. Vernon, Iowa. } will have an Amazing Booth.
She..., and her Awesome...Hubby, Bob...always, always...Do.
<3
{Can't Wait...to see Polly's Dad, 'Bob'. Love That Man!!! <3 
He...Gives The Best Hugs. <3 
I, think Bob...is around 90, goin' on 45.}
<3 


Mark's 'Snippet'. ; )


Jo-Dan's.
<3

They're bringing another Load, tomorrow, too.
oh my.
<3

Pal, Bill...
is bringing Many Loads.
; )
Many...are.
<3

Daryl, and Colleen...will be adding to Their Already Awesomness.
<3





The Above...images, 
are Just a Snippet.
; )
Tomorrow night, if...I Survive...
{hahahahaha!!!}
I'll have MANY More Images.
Maybe...a Video?
; )

Love This Anamosa Show.
<3
Love These Amazing...
 People, 
Who Bust Their Butt's.... for The Love of 'Old'.
<3 <3 <3 

{Polly, just texted me... her Dad, Bob...will be 92, in February.
I'll be posting images of Bob. You won't believe...he's soon to be 92. <3 }

'Meatloaf' made me smile....
He was an Icon.
He was an Artist.
my heart is Heavy, learning of his death.



UPDATED 1/21

Below are a few more 'Snippets'...of what will be at 
The Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market...1/23!!

Thanks, so Much...to Polly Ann, Colleen, Emmett, Lori, and some New Folks...
who will be Joining Us!
<3

I'll have more images, this Evening.
<3
Stay Tuned!!





















Above is just a Tiny...Snippet!
Hopefully, will be adding more images.
So many of us pack for this Event, before the Holidays.
Speaking for myself...
My Truck...is Packed So Tight...and Full....
there's No Way, to get images.
; )

I'd be willing to bet...there are a few other Vendors, who...might, say the same.
; )

I've written about The Anamosa Show...before, it's one of my Very Favorites.
<3
Jon, and Cecilia Hatcher started this Wonderful Event, 27 years ago.
<3

It's never been a Big, Sprawling....Show.
; )
{never will...be. <3 }
It's tucked inside the Community Center, in the Historic...
Jones County Town....
'Anamosa'.
<3

Cecilia...and Jon, hand selected some the the Best Vendors.
<3
It's not that they carried the Most Expensive, or...maybe...the even the rarest.
{Although...I'll argue that point. ; ) }
What they carried, and carry....  is 'Vintage'....'Iowa'.
<3

It's difficult to put my finger...on it, or....get my thumbnail under...to describe...
what a Gem, this Anamosa Show, really is.

I've shopped it, from nearly the beginning.
I've shopped much larger shows, all over the Country, but...
I've found my most Treasured Pieces, at This Event.
<3

Before I became an Anamosa Vendor, myself...
I, never told a Soul, about it.
; )
It was my 'Honey Hole'.
"Iowa's Best Kept Secret"....
to me.
<3

Always was loading for Heart of Country, in Nashville, about now, for years...
and Knew...I could Count on The Anamosa Show to Round Out The Load, with Something, or...Many Somethings...GREAT, for Nashville.
Things...that were
 Truly...
'Simply Iowa'.
<3

Nashville....Loved.....Anamosa.
<3
Everything...I gathered there, didn't last long, at Heart.
<3
{sometimes, that made me kinda sad.}

Remember the year{Many Moon's ago.} 
 I bought a little old toy Truck, from Pal, Jeff...there.
It was from the 1930's.
All rusty. The little Truck's box, looked like it had been run over by a Real Truck!!!
: )
Oh My...
I, Loved that little Truck.
<3
Thought it would be Perfect...to put my business cards in, at Heart.
{after all, Nobody...would Love It...like I did, and Jeff. ; ) 
So, wouldn't have to worry about pricing it.
It...was just...Beyond.
Broken...Smashed...Rusty...and, Wonderful.
'Simply Iowa'.
{reminded me of my Dad, and all of his old Trucks <3 }

When the Floodgate's Opened, at Heart...{Preview Party} that year, what do ya
 suppose...
Everyone Wanted...First Thing,
 that...
wasn't priced....
holding my business...
cards.
: )

Our Peg...was helping me that year, at Heart.
I looked at her, {knowing...the Obligations we had to cover....}
I priced the little...Broken...Smashed...Rusty, Wonderful...
'Soulful'...
Truck,
 to the First Lady...in Line,
 thinking 'that' would put The Kibosh, to All of those behind her...Also...reaching for the Little Old...Broken...Toy Truck.
: )

I priced it 
High.
'Beyond'
{To This Day...
'Beyond' }

The 'First'...Lady...who asked, said, without batting an eye...
"Wrap It Up!"

My heart sank.
{it often has...in this business.}
: )
oh..my.

Not really.
; )
That Lady...Adored...what Jeff had Saved, and brought to Anamosa.
I, adored...it, too.
But...she's probably never been, to Iowa.
: (

We...
 'Live'
in
 The 
'Honey Hole'.
<3 <3 <3 

I'll have more stories...about what I've been so very 'Blessed' by, from Anamosa....over the years.
It's a Very....Special...
little Event.
<3 <3 <3 

{The Church Ladies Food, Alone....is Worth the Gate. ; ) <3 
I sure look forward to it...every year. ; )}

No comments: