Monday, January 17, 2022

Blessings.


Took a Ride, with Wanda, and Terry....today.
{'Gatherings' Anamosa, Iowa.
 Make Sure To Stop There, on The 23rd., after Ya Shop The Show!!!}

It was Grand.
Wanda had purchased a Big...Old...Cupboard, from a Sweet Lady, who is retiring from her Quilt Store, in Mount Carroll, Illinois.
<3


It was such a Beautiful...Drive.
Great...to spend some time with Terry, too.
<3

It was last July, while Pal, Dale...and  I were visiting with them...Terry, brought his chair, on their deck, a little closer to us, to visit. 
When Terry sat down, the back leg of the chair slipped off of the deck, and Terry, went with it, went over backwards, just...a foot, or...two, 
and broke his neck.

{I've never seen someone's head, in that kind of contorted position in my life.
He couldn't move.
I didn't want to move him, {with a neck injury} but...knew, if I didn't.... very gently...roll him over, he wouldn't be able to breathe, for long.
Terry couldn't feel his legs.

Oh My God.
: (
Terry... nearly died.
Came within a fraction...of being paralyzed from the chest down.

In the Blink of an Eye.

Literally.
: ( : ( : ( 
In The Blink...of an Eye.

It's been a LONG Haul, for Both...Terry, and Wanda.
I'm Amazed, how Terry has recovered.
Wanda, has been his Advocate.
Every Inch...of The Way.
<3 <3 <3 
To ride with Terry...'driving', today...
was Awesome.
<3

We took in some Beauty...today.
The Best...'Beauty', was seeing Terry 'see it'...too.
<3






Susan Shire's Beautiful Home, and Shop.
It's Incredible.
Just like...
Susan.
<3


Captured many images, while going through Elizabeth, Illinois.
<3
I, happen to Know, and Love...an 'Elizabeth'.
<3
Our... 'Liz'.
thought she'd enjoy the pictures.
<3



Priceless.
We enjoyed some Awesome Food.
'Oysters'...
oh my.
; )
and...had Such a Wonderful Server.
'Ashley'.
<3

She, was Crazy Great!!!
<3
We Loved Her!!!
<3




Terry....
Drivin' Us Insane Junkers...Home.
<3





Wanda's Old Cupboard, is a Big One.
<3
Wanda, and I...got it in her Store, and set up...tonight.
<3

When the Lady who owned it, saw us...walk up to her Home, this morning...she said...
"Sure hope you brought a couple of Strong Men...with ya. My Son, and his Friend, took the top down, for you...he said, it's going to take some muscle...to get The Cupboard out."
; )
I said, "You're lookin' at em."
: )
"and...I'm hungover, so...this'll be Fun. ; ) "
She Laughed!!!
{sometimes, The Truth...is... kinda Funny. ; ) }

She, had her doubts.
Me, and Wanda...have moved much Bigger Cupboards, 'alone'.
We had no trouble.
It, is a heavy...piece.
Probably Walnut.
It's got an old... thick back on it, too...which adds a lot of weight.


I found some fun things, at Susan Shire's Antique Shop.
So did Wanda.
: )
Susan's Shop, is at her Home...near Mount Carroll.
Fell in love with an old...old...Log Cabin Quilt, Susan had.



I've never seen one like it.
I've seen many, many...wonderful Log Cabin Quilts, but...none, like 'This'...One.
; )

It looks Amish, but...kind of reminds me of African American Quilts, too.



It's put together...in such an interesting way.
It's...got kind of a 'whimsiness' about it.
It's puzzling to me, yet... so pleasing...
 to the eye.
<3


It was in The Illinois State Museum, so...other's must've thought the same way, Susan, and I...do..
<3
I'm taking it to The Anamosa Show, on the 23rd, along with some other...Fun Things, we found today.
<3
Susan, has such an amazing Eye.
She...is Truly...an Artist.
<3
So Enjoyed seeing her, and her Lovely...Home, and Shop.
<3
We go Way Back.
<3
She's...Beautiful, Inside...and Out.
<3

Susan said she'd driven past here, a while back, on her way to Amana.
She gave me a Big Hug, today, and offered me her condolences.
: (
She's seen images, I've posted...but had no idea, how Bad...it is here, after IDOT got done with us, for Fairfax's Trail.
: (

That's all I hear, from Friends.
They all say, what a 'Sanctuary' it 'was', here.
So...Peaceful.
They understand...after they see it, first hand, why...
Why...
I've lost my spirit.

Had another melt down, last night.
When I got Home, saw that Fairfax had pushed a Mountain of Snow...
on to The Rabbit Hole.
They could've pushed it to the South, where there is nothing.
Nope, they chose to put it all...on us.
Where...it can't drain, when it melts.

I...gotta tell ya, after flooding 12 times, in a draught year, solely because of IDOT, and their wrongful Trail Accommodations, making Us, The Ditch, I nearly blew a gasket.
; )
oh....dear.
: (
Jumped right past the Wine, and went Straight...for The Fireball.
I Consumed...
Lot's of It.

{Sure didn't help...move that old Cupboard, today...or make me feel very good, when the alarm went off at 5, this morning...so I could be on time to meet with Wanda, and Terry.
oh my.}

Fairfax, and IDOT....just keep Pushin'. 
: (

Nothing...to the South.
{What used to be The Ditch, before IDOT made Us...The Ditch.}


Left...is The Rabbit Hole.
Right, is nothing.
Hmmm.


It was such a Blessing, to Get Out Of Here...today, with Wanda...and Terry.
<3
Hungover...or not.
; )
{They....love me, anyway. <3 I, Love...Them...Too. <3 <3 <3 }

Love to You.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: