Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy 2022.



2021 New Year's Eve 'Christmas'...
was Insane.
 Took the entire day off, on New Year's Day.
Oh My.

 Exhausted.

Watched old Christmas Movies, all day....as a Big Storm, blew through.
<3

It was a Wonderful Celebration, having the Kids here, but...oh my.
; )

Before they arrived, was rushing around....it seemed if anything could go wrong....
it pretty much, did.
Hahahahaha.

Truly...had to laugh, with every mishap.
The one...that nearly sent me over the edge, happened shortly before the Kid's arrived.
Went to grab the Sweet Potatoes from the basket, where we keep them...
and noticed a sealed bag...of something, under them.

I reached for the bag, it looked like Lumpy Soup.
?????
Turns out...it kinda was.
{oh dear}

It was a bag...of tiny, B size potatoes, that had been there, sealed up...for far too long.
I'd completely forgotten they were there.
oh my gosh.
{Keep our potatoes in that old basket, so air can circulate around them.
Forgot about those, in a Tightly sealed bag. 
Big... 'No No'.}

When I picked the bag up, it Exploded!!!
Sprayed Rotten... Spoiled 'Potato Soup'....
All Over The Kitchen!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!
I, gotta tell ya, Rotten Potatoes, 
have an Aroma...All Their Own.
; )
Like Somethin'...Dead.
Yeeeeeeesh!!!!
: ( : ( : ( 

It splashed on cookbooks, Kitty's food, through the water dish...on the walls, all over the walls, Butcher Block... floor....and, me.
; )

Yeah...boy, That.... Was a Mess.
; )

Took me half an hour, or better....to clean everything, and scrub everything down with bleach.

After that last...little mess, most everything went pretty well.
; )
The Funniest 'Event'...was concerning Four Year Old...Jack
He, out of the Blue...said to his Mom, Liz...
"I want to go outside, and pee in The Snow."
?
Where in The World...do These Ideas Come From???
Hahahahahaha!!!
What was even Funnier, his 2 Year Old Sis, Vivian...thought She, would Also...like to go pee...in The Snow!!!
Hahahahahaha!
When Liz told her "No"....I, told Liz...That seems kinda Sexist!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!
Ya had to be here.
It was a Laugh...a Minute!!!

Seems, Justin's day, wasn't going any better than mine.
His tires, on their Excursion...had been losing air.
He figured they must've run over something, while Deer Hunting.
So, he worked on those, at the shop.
Had Nothing but problems.
While working on the last one...something pulled, in his shoulder.
He was hurtin' bad.
One of his Pal's came out, and helped him finish.
By the time he got done, we'd already eaten, and opened gifts.
Justin was ready to go Home.
: (

Katie and I, loaded them up with Ton's of Leftovers, so...Justin will be able to Snack, at his leisure.
Then...
Katie, texted me...about an hour after they left...told me they were worried
about Liz, and Adam.
They weren't answering her texts.
{they live about 15 minutes apart, in the country}
I asked her "Why???"
She said they'd slid in the ditch, on a County Road, the road's were Bad...
but, Gratefully...Justin got them out.
{Justin's pretty resourceful. <3 
Even..when he's Hurting. }

Everyone was o.k., but Katie was pretty shook. She was driving, when it happened.

Liz, and Adam...got Home, and to Work, fine...but, it was pretty worrisome.

I was preparing to Plow Snow...this morning, thinking Justin wouldn't be in, with his bad shoulder...
then, the phone rang, it was Justin.
Said he was here to Plow...but the pump on the Blade, went out.
He'll have to get parts, tomorrow.
Poor Kid!!
Glad it was him, that discovered the issue with the 
Plow Truck.
I would've figured it was my fault. I'm not much a Plow Truck Driver.
; )




Went through some of the old pictures, here...the other day.
They remind me of Great Times, shared with Friends, over the years.
<3


Pal, Skip...called this morning.
; )
We've been Pals, since we were Teens.
; )
We had a lot of Fun...back in the day.
His Dad, and mine...were both Scrappers.
Skip is a Dodge/Chevy...Man, 
{I don't hold that against him. ; ) }
{much}
; )
Skip, and I would Race...
 try to Out-Load, Out-Push....Out-Pull, each other.
It was Always...a Competition with us.
; )
Always.

Skip couldn't Out-Do....our old '61 Ford Ton Truck.
Just...couldn't make it happen.
; )

Don't know why he brings it up...to this day.
I'd never keep Diggin', like he does...
with his Chevy/Mopar.... 'record'.
Hahahahaha!!!

Skip calls me on my Birthday...and New Year's....always.
Always, over the decades.
He's been a Dear, Dear...Friend.

'Family'

John...Rolled his eyes, watching me, and Skip spar.
; )
Hahahaha!
'Family'.
oh my.
; )

'Junkin' Family'
<3



This is what I'm really concerned about.
Told District 6, about this...last year.
The Snow...is going to be Mounded, from our drive, where there used to be a Ditch.
Now...we are...The Ditch.
Justin plowed this, last week.
It'll be a Mountain, when we Plow, again.


We're in a Basin.
: (

After Justin Plowed...the horrible rock, that was placed in our drive, by IDOT...is all pushed into the grass.
; (
Again, like I told them last year, would happen.
; (

Yep...District 6, sure keeps Givin' and Givin'...us 'Presents'...solely because of Fairfax's Wrongful Trail Accommodations.
and...
Their Deaf Ears.
Bless their hearts.

I'm gonna go soak...in a Hot Bath, then...do a little laundry.
Pick up the House...a little, and start putting Christmas away.

Should be pretty easy, this year.
Didn't put up near as much...as usual.

Wishing Everyone...
A Happy, Healthy....
2022.

Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.


No comments: