Sunday, January 9, 2022

A Better Bite.

 


This Battle, with IDOT, and Fairfax...has went on, for so long.
It would even make an Old Ford Power Stroke...a little weary.
; )

I remember, looking back, over my life, working...with Dad, and getting Stuck.
We've been Buried, up to our Axels....with Huge Load's of Scrap Iron.
but...
we always managed to get out.
<3

This Battle, is like one, I've never had to deal with.
The Mud...is Deep.
The Load...is Heavy.

When I saw the video above, sure hit Home.
That little Old Ford, pulling that Semi, and Trailer.
<3

I remember Dad, perching me on phone books, I could barely reach the pedals, and clutch, as he instructed me on How...to Pull him out of a ravine.
He said... "Put 'er in low, when you feel the chain pull up tight, Give 'er Heck!!
 Don't let up...until I beep the horn."

: )

There were many times, after then...we'd get in tight spots.
Leaving the Truck...buried, was Never...an option.
We'd figure it out.
<3

I take a few more breaks, the longer this 'Pull'...goes.
Drink Way Too Much, 'Wine' some nights, so I don't blow a gasket.
Smoke too many Stogies...too.
{getting More, and More...like those old 7.3's every day. ; ) }
oh my.

Ya know...we went through Condemnation, with the IDOT, 26 years ago.
It was Hell.
Had we not learned...about their 'Mud'...back then, I...never could've anticipated what they were capable of, This Time.
So, 'That'...as painful as it was...was a Gift.
{I'm beginning to question...That 'acquisition'...too.
They TOOK an Awful Lot, back Then...for '4 feet of Shoulder'.
Hmmmm.}

My...biggest mistake, this time....was trusting that they'd keep their word.
Our 'recorded agreement'.
They Never Once, intended to.
{The Public Records, Texts...and Email, 
 spell That Out Clearly.}
This...was no 'mistake'.
It was Intentional.
Planned....all along.
: (

That 'Recorded Agreement'...isn't worth the paper it's written on....it seems.
Well, it is to me.
We entered into it, in Good Faith.
It needs to be Honored.
{Never would've dropped our lawsuit, otherwise.
They...knew that, too.}

Every time, Dad, and I got stuck...we never backed up...much.
Just...enough, to get a little better footing, another.... 'Bite', then, 
Give 'er Heck.
Again, and Again.

Friend's keep asking, what they can do....to help.
<3
I'm workin' on that.
; )

Didn't want to get them involved, in this Muddy Mess, but...
maybe...it's Time.

I sure Appreciate Everyone, who've Stood By Us.
Those who Continue to Pray...for Us.
{The 'Old Sinner'...that I am. <3 : ) }
May God Bless You.
I, know...it hasn't been easy.
<3

Watching everything be destroyed...here, so very wrongfully, and...be lied to, over, and over...
 has been a real heartbreaker, day after day....for Years.

This... Never, Ever... Should Happen to Anyone.
Should have Never...been 'done' to us.

Love to You.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{I used to think, getting in all of those Tight Spots, with Dad...
were kinda Tuff!!!
{Always an Adventure!!! Hahaha! }
Oh...No.
They Were WONDERFUL!!!
<3
Dad Taught me SO Much, in the 'such little time', we had together.
<3
He taught me...when facing those Mudholes, Mountains, and Ravines, 
Put 'er in low gear, use your head.
 Listen.
Feel, for that chain, when it runs out of slack...
then...
Give 'er Heck!!!
; )
Ya might have to back up...a little, not much....
Just enough, to get a Better Bite.
; )

Dad...taught me, 'It's only impossible, if you believe it is.'
<3

I've seen the 'impossible'.

The day...Dad died,
 I saw it.
The day...John, left us...
I saw it.

This 'Battle'...isn't even close...to 'impossible'.
Just another...Mudhole.
{Even when The Semi...
has It's Brakes Locked.}


<3 <3 <3 
Looking back, I'm so Incredibly Grateful for Dad, and All of The Mudholes..
Maybe, someday...I'll look back on This, and be Grateful...for it, too.
; )
Already am, in some respects.
There's been Some Amazing Folks, who've literally carried me, when I couldn't find my feet, when they were Stuck So Deep, in This Mud.
May God Bless Them. }
<3




No comments: