Friday, January 28, 2022

Crazy.


I'd meant to write about The Painting...
a few days ago.

That little Anamosa Show...is Such a Gem.
<3
Always has been.

Wrote, before the show...how, I've found some of my most Treasured Pieces, there.
That's a Fact.

Many year's ago...before I was a Vendor...shopped it, for Nashville.
Had visited with Connie Bennet, at her home in Sigourney, Iowa, just before Nashville, and Anamosa.
{Connie was a Vendor, at that time...at Anamosa.}
Was trying to pull a Load together...for Nashville.
I, was Beating The Bushes.

Asked Connie, if she had any Cool...old Quilts, 'Crazy...Quilts'.
They...are my Favorites.
{imagine....that. ; ) }
Connie thought about it, for a bit...but, couldn't come up with any.

A few weeks, later...at The Anamosa Show, Connie motioned for me to come to her booth.
She said...
"Barb! You asked me about Old Quilts. Went to an Auction...last week, and found one, I think you'll like!"

A Fellow, 'Quilt Buyer'...heard Connie, and walked with me to Connie's booth.
{I'm thinkin'...here we go. He's got deeper pocket's than me. ; ) }

Connie pulled out The MOST AWESOME CRAZY QUILT I'VE EVER SEEN!!!
Lord...Lord...Lord!!!
<3 <3 <3 




The High End...Quilt Buyer, took one look at it, and walked away.
He...dismissed it, because it had too much 'Wear'.
"Too Worn."
oh my.
; )

I was Mesmerized....by The Quilt.
Told Connie, so.
Then...
asked her...
"How Much?"

Connie, thought about it...for a moment.
then...said, "How about 35.00?"
<3
{Connie, and I...knew, she could've charged me 10 times...that.
But...
That's not how 'we' Roll. <3 }

That Late 1800's Crazy Quilt had a Zillion...teeny tiny....pieces.
Hot Pinks, to Apple Greens.
Silk...Velvet.
Oh My!!!
<3 <3 <3 
PERFECT...
for 
The Spring Show, Heart of Country... in Nashville!!
I, just wanted Iowa Quilts, for Backdrops.
Wall Coverings, at Heart.
Didn't care if any of them sold.
That One...
Would Be Front, and Center...
at Heart.
<3
 One of The Most Prestigious Antique Show's in The Country,
 as a Backdrop.
'Wear'....
and 
All.
; )
<3 <3 <3 
'Simply Iowa'
<3

That Quilt...had a tiny tea cup...embroidered, an American Flag...
It was Dated...
had...names, of all sorts of Folks.
<3
It Had EVERYTHING....Goin' On!!!
<3 
Oh My LORD!!
<3

As we were loading, for Nashville, Pal...Val, stopped by.
Had to show her...The Most Amazing Quilt.
<3
Got dizzy, trying to point out All of the Intricate Handwork,
 as I was searching...for the American Flag,
 ran across, something...
I hadn't seen.

"Derby, Iowa"

oh....
my 
God.

The Quilt, was from the Tiny....Southern Iowa Town, my Dad...was born and raised.
Chance's are, my Great Grandmother, Flora Belle, who raised my Dad,
 and...he Worshiped, had a Hand in Piecing this Quilt.
{The names...embroidered...lead me to believe that. oh my.}

I scooped the Quilt up, in my arms....and Ran, to the House.
The Kid's thought I was Crazy, when I flew through the door.

Told them...to take a Good Look, at 'This' Quilt.
{they've seen many, over the years}
"It's 'Family'"
It...Can't Ever...Leave Us.
<3 <3 <3 
Ever.
<3

We have so little, from our Conner Family.
The Great Depression, Fires...and, load's of Struggles, over many decades...
 kept us from holding on...to much.

So Grateful...
 'Old', seems to always find The Hand's, where it's supposed to be.
<3
Always.
<3 

I'll write about the Painting, tomorrow.
The 'Derby, Iowa' Quilt...
is enough, for today.
<3
oh my.


Love to Ya...
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.

 

No comments: