Friday, January 7, 2022

Old...


Spent This Day...
Cleanin' House.

It's been a Long Time.
Looking back, about 20 years, maybe...25.
30...maybe.
; )

When I went to work, down The Rabbit Hole, everything...took a back seat.

It's been an Interesting Day.
to say the least.
{was dealing with IDOT, back Then...too.}
Bless their hearts.
oh my.





Ran across Mom's Old...Mixer.
<3
Oh...my.
<3
I'll NEVER forget the day, Sister, Merry Jo was helping Mom bake a cake, when I was about 2.
We were living near Toddville, Iowa..on some land...Dad bought....in a 10x50 Trailer, with Mom, Dad...Granddad, Merry Jo, Brother, Larry...his first wife, Susan,{at 17, or 18 }and their Brand New...Baby, my Niece...Ellen.
<3
Along with Horses...Cows, Chickens, Ducks...Geese, Hounds...a Snapping Turtle, or two, 
and a Naughty... Spider Monkey.
Sammy.
<3

Merry Jo, {she would've been around 11 } somehow...had her hand in the mixing bowl...and all of a sudden, her Fingers were Caught....in The Beater!!!
HOLY SMOKES!!!
I'd Never Heard...such a Blood Curdling Scream, in my life.
The Light's Dimmed, as The Mixer...Froze.
: ( : ( : ( 
{The Old Mixer's Beater's, are the same, as back then. Bent to Heck. }
Merry's finger's survived.
So...did The Mixer.
oh my.
<3

{The Only other time...I heard Merry Jo, SCREAM...like That, was when Mom gave her a Perm.
Hahahahahahaha!!!!
Now, THAT...was funny.
; )
Merry Jo, looked like she'd Stuck her finger in a Light Socket!!!
Even, at two, or three....
Sorry,
 I had to Laugh!
{'inside'  not out loud. <3 }
Merry Jo, was Devastated...when she looked in the mirror.
: ( : ( : ( 
Merry, to me...was So Beautiful, Always... no matter how her 'hair' looked.
<3
Couldn't imagine...why, she'd be so upset.
She...was Beautiful.
Still is.
<3

Certainly... didn't laugh...with The Mixer Ordeal.
That...Was Frightening....Oh Dear!!! 

I need to send The Mixer, to Merry Jo.
They...have a Real Connection.
<3



The Lower Cupboard's Shelf collapsed under the weight of the Old...Cast Iron, recently.
Repaired that, today.
Realized...I don't 'Cook'...for Masses, like I used to, 
today.
Cleaned the Cast Iron, and will offer what I've cleaned...to our Kids.
They grew up...with Old Cast Iron Cookware.
They appreciate it.
<3
They Understand, how Amazing...It Is.
<3
{Old Cast...is Thee Very Best. 
It can't be 'bought'...in a Store. Ever. }
What they don't take, I'll sell.
{There will be No Antique  'Steel' Pans, or...'Scotch Bowls'...offered.
I'll Die With Them.
<3 }
; ) 
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



 

No comments: