Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Simply Iowa.... Easter Sunday.


Easter...Sunday, was a Great Day....spent with 
Family....In The Country!!!
Away From Fairfax...and The Wrongfulness.

<3 <3 <3 

Little Justin...and Grandma, spent hours.... 4 Wheelin'!
: )

That Kid...on 4 Wheelers,  is like Grandma...used to be, on Horseback.
He Lives...on Them!!
<3 <3 <3 

He also...coax's me...to do All Sorts...of Tricks, oh my.
; )

That Bridge...he begged me 10 times, to cross...that I Flat Out...said... "NO!!" to, until...I finally Gave In, oh my.
: )
It made me a Little...Nervous.
: )
{I'm not fond of Bridge's these days. Especially...'Crooked' Ones. 
Fairfax, and IDOT District 6, have kinda Ruined...'Bridges'...for me.
oh dear...}

When I finally gave in, to Justin's persistence... I thought of the Eleanor Roosevelt quote...
"Do something every day...that Scares...you."
: )
What the Heck!!!
Let's Go!
Hahahaha!!!

The 850 Polaris...goes from 0, to 40...mph, literally...in The Blink...of an Eye!!!
{Kinda like...Admiral, and White Cloud, {Beloved Horses }back in the Day. ; ) }

I, was glad...to see...I still kinda....have my 'Seat'...and can kinda hold my own, with The Boys!!!
: )

Son in Law...Adam, jumped on the 850, {Liz said...she knew we were in for a 'Show'...when Adam turned his cap backwards!!! Hahahahaha!!!}




Holy Smokes!
Adam had that 850 Poppin' Wheelies...clear across the Pasture!!
He grew up..on these Bad Boys!!!
WOW!!!
Hot Dog!!!
<3  
: ) : ) : ) 

I made it across the Bridge, thinking, 'Once'...is Good Enough.
but...Not Thinking...I'd have come back across it to get 'Home'.
The Kid's Flew across it, Left Us...in The Dust!!!
Hahahaha!!!
'Twice'...on that Bridge...was More Than Plenty...for Grandma!!!
Hahahaha!!!

'No Wheelies'. 
Period!!!
Hahahaha!!!

{Little Justin, said...after we came through a ditch...
"Grandma...thought you said you weren't 'Poppin' Any Wheelies???"
I, said... "That's Right. : ) " 
He said..."Well...ya about did, coming outta there."
Holy Smokes!!
'Ignorance...is Truly...Bliss'
Hahahahaha!!!

This was the second time...I'd ever ridden...the 850, or any 4 Wheeler... so...I'm still a little Green, to say the Least.
Found myself....talking to 'it', like it was a Horse.
: )
oh dear.
<3
I posted a youtube video...above, of the Bridge, and..one, going through the Mud, in this post.
Needed my GoPro...Camera.
Holding my phone...and trying to Drive...was a trick. So...they are 'Short' videos. ; ) }

The Kids...just got Baby Goats.
They are Priceless!!!
<3
Now they have Chickens, Ducks....and, Goats.
<3 <3 <3 

<3 <3 <3 

Hounds...'Family'... Too! <3












Justin...and, Bear. <3 
Thanks, so much...to Justin...for having the 'Rocket'...fueled up, and Ready to Fly....for Mama, and the Kids. 
: )
<3 
It was a Fun Day...for Us All.
<3 <3 <3 







Little Justin, and I...traveled many miles, on Easter.
; ) 
He pointed out several places Grandma...should be capturing pictures.
He...has a Great...Eye, for Beauty, and...Nature.
<3
I'm So Glad...the Kids are Out of Cedar Rapids, and...in The Country.
That's...Truly...Where They Belong.
<3 
They've worked So Hard...to get there.
<3 

On the way home...Easter Evening....about 20 miles West...of Home, on the Busy...Highway 30, I spotted a car, pulled over on the shoulder.
I, could see...someone laying beside the white line, trying to get a jack...under his car.
Car's, weren't getting over, like Our Iowa Law...demands.
'Pull Over'...or 'Slow Down'...when there's a vehicle on the shoulder.
: ( : ( : ( 

So....I pulled over, a bit back...from the young Man...trying to change his tire, with flashers...Hoping, people...would Pull Over, to the Left, and give the Kid...Some Room!!!
Dang!!!

{I shared with the young Man, what Dad...told me, when I first starting Driving...
"If ya have a flat, and it's not a safe place...to change it, drive it slowly...on the shoulder, on the rim...until you are in a safe place.
A Rim...can be replaced, You...can't. "}

: ( 
The young driver...walked back to me...and said he was concerned...with the traffic, and it seemed many thought, that Law...didn't apply to Them.
: ( 


The young Man's jack...wasn't functioning properly...I, could've pulled Jethro's out...but, That...was No Place....to be changing a tire.

He called the Sheriff's Dept., and. said...I sure didn't have to stay...but, told him...I, had nowhere to be,  and...if he was one of Our...Kid's, I'd sure Hope...someone, would, also...look out for them.
<3

As I was waiting...for The Deputy, my phone rang...
It was Pal, Bart.
<3
He said... "Is that You...and Jethro....sitting beside the road, on 30???"
: )
He, and his Lovely...Wife, Denise...spotted us, and thought we were in 'Trouble'.
<3 <3 <3 

I explained...what was happening, so they doubled back...to assist, too.
'Simply....Iowa'
<3 <3 <3 


Bart. 
; )

<3 <3 <3 

Looked at an Estate Sale, yesterday...West of Cedar Rapids.
We'll be signing the contract, tomorrow.
Stay Tuned.

Love to Ya!!
Prayers, for All.

Barb C. 


 

No comments: