Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Headin' to Des Moines...in The Mornin'. 'Junk Jubilee, at The Fairgrounds. April 23-25.


The above...Old...Old, Cupboard...came rollin' in..this Evening.
Pal, Kevin...brought it to me.
: )

It's an Iowa Cupboard...all square naileed...with original finish.
<3
Love...how Tall...and Narrow, it is.
<3
It's a Charmer.
It'll be at Junk Jubilee.
; )


When Kevin and I...brought it inside the packed...Greenhouse, we frightened a Dove, that's nesting...there.
She got trapped, in a corner...behind another...Old....Cupboard.
: (

I, spent a half hour...unloading the Cupboard, and moved it...so the Little Dove, could find her way...to freedom.
<3
I, So Love...Doves.
<3
{All...Birds, and Critters. <3 }

After getting that Cupboard, all cleaned out, figured...might as well...throw it on the Load...in the Morning...too.
: )

The Simply Iowa...Booth, at Junk Jubilee....
is going to be FULL.
; )

Don't wear your white gloves, into my booth.
; )

Most Everything...Is Farm Fresh!!!
Straight....from Farm...to Booth.

Do....
Wear Your Grubbies...and Bring a Truck!!!

We'll have Loads...of Vintage Farm, Garden...Architectural...Country, Primitives...Textiles, Vintage Concrete, Rugs...Stoneware, Victorian era Pieces....
TONS...of Gnarliness.
If it was on a Farm...from the 1870's, to 1940's...it'll be in The Simply Iowa Booth, at Junk Jubilee.
; )

There will be some Fun..Goopy....Over The Top....Stuff...too.
; )

It won't be...our Normal...Booth, so...don't be surprised.
No walls...No...'House'.
Not...this time.

But, It'll Have Plenty....of Soul.
<3 <3 <3 
{and...a little Dirt. : ) }

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



{I want to follow up...on something I wrote about...yesterday, concerning John.
I'd written, how he'd 'hurt'...me, early...in our relationship.
We...had a very quiet, but...to the point, conversation...about it, at the time.
Best Thing...that could've happened.
There were Three Things, I'd told John...I'd not Stand for...when we first decided to take our Friendship...to the next level.

One...
 Don't ever hit me.
I'd never been hit, by a man...
{that I...didn't Swing at First. ; ) }
I, wasn't about to be.

Two...
Don't Cheat on me.
I'll find out, and You'll walk with a Severe Limp. Forever.

Three....
Don't ever lie....to me.
I'll find out.
I'll be gone.
Trust...is Everything.

John, and I...rarely argued...about anything, during our nearly four decades together.
Only two, or three times...in front of our Children.
{We Both....agreed, That...was a 'No, No.'}

We never Cheated, on each other. Not...Once.
Not...Ever.
{We all Know This...because, I told John...from Day One...if he ever Cheated on me...
I'd break his knee caps, and he'd walk with a Severe Limp...the Rest of His Days.
<3 
John...walked Perfectly...his entire life. : ) }

but...early on, long...before our Children were born...
he Fibbed...to me.
It...wasn't about much, really...but, that's something...I won't stand for.
He knew that.

I, can handle the Truth....no matter what it is, we'd work through it.
<3
but...
when someone...'Fibs'....that you are Trusting...with Your Life...Wellbeing...Your Heart, that's...a problem.
at least...it is, for me.
Trust...is Everything.

When I posted 'Three Better Words than 'I Love You', are 'I Trust You'.
I mean it.
Always....always...have.

John learned...I'm not a good person...to Fib...to.
I...Always Find Out.
Always.

Then...'Hell's Comin' to Breakfast.'
back...then, It Did.
That's when I told...him, what I posted...yesterday. 

The night...I ditched Jethro, I was Trying to Figure Out...HOW, I could get him Fixed...before John saw him.
: )
Begged my Pal, that was with me...Not To Say a Word!!!
then...
when I pulled in the drive, around midnight....coming from a Client's Home...near the Mississippi River...
walked straight in the House...Woke John Up... and Insisted...He Come Look at The Damage!!!
{It crossed my mind...Big Time, to not tell John, which...would've been a lie.
I, couldn't do.... it. No Way. }

I heard from Family...later...John was Mad...as Hell, at me.
but... he never showed it, to me.
<3
{I, wish...he would've...I Felt So Bad. : ( }
Told John...I'd Pay For Everything...and, promised to never drive Jethro...again.
John, turned to me...and said...
"If you aren't going to drive Jethro....I'm just gonna sell him. Your choice."
<3 <3 <3 

I explained...to John, after those first...Fibs, he'd better learn to tell me the Truth.
Don't try...to 'save'...me, just...be Honest.
We...Can Deal...with Honesty.
<3

It makes me laugh...a little, thinking about what John would be saying now...
watching what the IDOT District 6, and Fairfax....City Hall, have Stepped with Both Feet...Into, with me.
oh dear.
: )

John, knew better than Anyone...
that...I, simply....don't 'Take Lies'...Well.
; )
hahahahaha.
oh my.  }











 

No comments: