Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Lives...Altered.

Was going to write a post...about Junk Jubilee, and the Journey, with The Kids...Friends...
The Insanity...of Showtime...
a little earlier, 
but... 
was sadly...so, very...sadly...distracted.

Life...was Altered.


The above picture...was taken while standing next to The Rabbit Hole, on the back side...
'Stallman Drive'.
I'm looking at a Horrible Accident, that happened on Highway 151, on the Prairie Creek Bridge, just...a hundred, or two...feet, from The Rabbit Hole.

Walked to the new, poorly designed...intersection...of Stallman, and 151, below...

took another picture...
as the Helicopter...was coming in to airlift...a young Man, who was tragically injured, in this horrible wreck.

I heard two Men...across Highway 151, talking...
{The Highway was shut down...it was 'Silent'.}
I, could hear...much, of what they were saying...tho, they were far away.
They both...know the young Man.
'Victim'.
: (
They'd been...Forever....Altered.
: ( : ( : ( 

As I was walking....sobbing, I'd...also, been sadly...altered.
A Neighbor...walked up to me, shaken...asked if I knew what had happened.
 He'd...been altered.

Every Deputy, and First Responder...at this scene...had been Altered.

The Young Man, and the other Driver...have been Forever...Altered.

Their Families, Loved Ones...Friends, Co-Workers....
every single one of them...
have been 
Forever...
Altered.

Even, the Folks...reading this...have been altered.
: (

It was just a few weeks ago...I stood in our east driveway, next to 151,

{that...I don't use...now...because of this 'Project'. It's far too dangerous.}

with 4 Men...from The IDOT, and...our Lawyer.

 Directed my thoughts, to Newman...from District 6, who...is watching over, and has Engineered
 THIS.
Newman, and I...have went 'Round...and 'Round.
: (
I, told Newman...as we all stood there, watching The Insanity...on 151, 
"This Highway...never should've Opened....to Through Traffic, until this Project was Completed."
It's Insane.
There's been nearly an 'Accident', a Day...here.
I, will tell you, That Biker...from a couple of weeks ago...was Altered.
Like...Justin's Customer...a month back, who was involved in a Head On...Crash, at the other end of our property, {West Cemetery Road } on 151, with my Long Time Friend...Emmett.
: ( : ( : ( 

They've All...Been Altered.

Everyone...who Knows...Loves...Cares, about Them...
have been
 Altered.

Accident's are going to happen.
We all...know that.
But...This Stretch...of 151, is Down to NARROW Lanes.
Horrible...Horrible...Visibility.
Heavy Truck Traffic.
Heavy...Traffic Counts, from All Vehicles, since The IDOT District 6...Opened'er Wide Up.

The Odds Are High for Horrible Crashes.

They Knew That.
So...Does Fairfax City Hall.

It...shouldn't be me...Begging, Fighting.
It Should Be...Our Leaders.
sadly...
like, District 6, they....have their Head's...in other places.

I keep thinking about the email...Jim Schnoebelen...from District 6, sent to me...concerning Fairfax's Trail.
I asked him...if he'd read our 'Agreed Upon',  'Recorded Agreement', concerning there being 'No Accommodations'...for a Trail...on the Bridge, or any of the land...taken from us for this project.' 
????
His reply...I'll quote.
"I'm familiar with the provision"
: (
yet...
District 6, went on...took our land....
'Wrongfully'...Breached Our Recorded Agreement...
and Built Fairfax's Suicide Trail...
Anyway.
: (

I didn't fight this Battle, solely...for the Loss...of everything John worked his life...away for.
I've been Fighting This...with Heels Dug In, and Fist's...Swingin', when I learned Fairfax, and IDOT District 6, Planned to Encourage Children, Pedestrians...Cyclists...Next To One of The Most Dangerous Stretches of Highway...151, 'The Urban Area of Fairfax' 
{where I've lived...for 40 years.}
 According to The IDOT's Independent Safety Study...conducted by The University of Northern Iowa.}

{The IDOT...could've saved a lot of money, by simply...sitting down with us, over coffee.
: (
We, know what This...Stretch of Highway...is capable of.
It's a Killer.

Things fly off...of vehicles...daily.
We...clean it up...daily.
Most of Those... 'things'...might dent a car.
Many...of 'Those' Things...would easily Kill...a Human.

Guess...The IDOT, Truly...didn't want to Know.
{Fairfax City Hall Folks...Knew All Of This. : ( 
THEY...Live Here...Too. : ( }

Sometimes...The Truth...Hurts.

{Messes Up...Plans. ; )
 Common Sense, has a way of Messing Up...'Plans'...too, I've learned.}

I'll post a video below...of two pieces of Concrete...that bounced off of a Dump Truck, next to The Rabbit Hole, on 151, exactly Where...The IDOT District 6, Wrongfully Graded for Fairfax's Wrongful...Trail.

I parked The Ford, next to them...that day...and waited for The Sheriff...to come help me move them.
Had anyone run over them...in a vehicle..well...it wouldn't have been pretty.

Understand...
District 6...Knows Better.
Fairfax, City Hall...
Knows Better.
There's Not ONE of Them...who can honestly...say...over the last 5 Years, They Didn't Know...or...
Wasn't Aware.
Most of You...reading this, can Vouch....for that.
: (
'Altered'.
; (

I've been sitting here...Praying, for the Young Man.
His Family.
Friends...
Everyone.
I...Pray, You...Will Too.

Barb C.









.



No comments: