Monday, April 19, 2021

I...Wish we knew....The Reason.


Found the 5 foot tall...Old...Old...Old....
hand forged....Iron Cross, at The Auction...last Sunday.
It was The ONLY Thing....I Truly....Wanted.
Wanted it...for 'The Memorial'....here.
<3 <3 <3 

I...was willing to pay...Big Bucks....for it.
It was on one, of many....many....Loaded Hayracks.
Wound up...winning the Bid, at 10.00.
Don't think...anyone else...even bid on it.

An Elderly Man...from the Community, walked up to me...after I bought it, asked me...if I knew the History, of The Cross.

Told him..I didn't, but would sure like to know.
: )

He said... "When the First...Catholic Church...in Vining, Iowa...burned to the ground, they found The Cross...in the rubble.
They figured it must have been in the Old Church's Attic....for decades.
Nobody...from the Community...had ever seen it, before the fire.
<3 <3 <3 


Helper, Brandon...and I....got it set up...in the House...
added to The Memorial...
for John, Mom...Peg...Friends...Beloved....Critters.
All....of Our...Loved Ones.
<3 <3 <3 









There's ONLY 'ONE'...'Jethro'.

I...don't care...what his 'Plate's'...say.
I watched him...Born...here.

John...brought Jethro...back, from Dead...like, so...many Others...over the years.

John...named him...'Jethro', after his Favorite NCIS Character 'Leroy Jethro Gibbs'.
: )
John...and the Jethro...character...were much alike.
<3

Jethro's New Plates....will read
 'HELM101'.

John's last name...is Helm.
<3
John's Favorite Number...has always...been 101.

He always marveled....that his 'Sanctuary'...'Home'...happened to have the address...
 '101'.
He said...he Knew...it was Meant...to be, back in 1978...when he saw the address.
<3 <3 <3 

The Gal...at the Treasurer's Office, today...probably...couldn't understand...
Why...I Lost My Mind....today, with her, and her Boss...The County Auditor, Sharon Gonzalaz...
Personally, 
concerning...them...Giving Jethro's Plates....away.

I'm sure the Governor's...Office, will also, be scratching their heads, concerning my call, and email, telling them...this...and a Bunch....More, in a Big Nutshell...
"If You're Gonna SHUT Down....Then Shut Down....EVERYTHING."

Had I known...being Late, would mean....losing Jethro's Plates...
I would've CAMPED on The Auditor's Office Steps.
THAT'S a FACT.

Who...Knew.

Nobody.

{You have No Idea....How MANY Hoops, I've Jumped Through...TRYING to Get The Plates...on Our Fleet of 7 Vehicles....Over The Last Year. : ( : ( : ( }

I've sat here...in a Puddle Of Tears....all day, today....
So Much...for Loadin' Trucks. 

The Scary...thing.
I've done so much Soul Searchin'...over the last several days....
concerning the IDOT, Fairfax...
Everything....
what....I finally came to rest...on, was this memory.

I, remember...telling John...way back, very early...in our relationship...
long...before 'Children',
after an argument...


"Be careful...John,
there may come a day...when you say, and do...these things,
 that...hurt me, so...
but...
I won't be hurt,
with you....like I am...now. 
I, simply...won't 'care'...anymore."

That...was a frightening thought...for us, both.



I...was moving very close, over the last few days....thinking about...
"Instead of Treating Others...like, I'd like to be Treated"

'The Golden Rule'...

Treating Others...
like They...have treated us.
: ( : ( : ( 
oh...dear.
: (

Things...have gotten so ugly.
wow.

The Truth....
I, don't have it in me....to be 'Cruel'.
There's a part of me...that Wishes...I could, even...for a Moment.
: (


John...and I, Always....Worked Through...Everything.

Everything...we both were at fault for, over many decades.
That's...what made us...Stronger.
<3 <3 <3 
That's...how, over time...we became 
'One'.
<3 <3 <3 

It wasn't always....easy, but...it was Worth Every Moment.
: )

I...hope, and....Pray, someday....I'll be able to look back, on These Times,
 'See', 
and...be able to say....the same.


Guess...I'll have to look at The Bright Side, over losing The Plates.
Hell....
maybe, I'll change them...Every Year, with some...little Word, that'll send a Personal Message.
; )
Could Be Fun.
; ) 

and...
I'll have the Old Plates...as Keepsakes.
<3 <3 <3 

There's been a Lot....of 'Bullshit', slid through...'government'...in my opinion...
starting at the Local level...on Up,
with a 
'Covid'...Stamp, 
excuse...
on it.

Very....sad.


Love to Ya.
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.
















 

No comments: