Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Wishing Everyone a Happy Halloween!!


Was trying to think back on the 'Spookiest' times of my life... this morning.
: )
So Many... stories danced through my head.
; )
{Sadly... 99% of them have been 'Reality'... 
Simple, day to day... 'life'. }

There's been a few times, when the hair on the back of my neck has stood Straight.

Once... was while visiting an Old...Old... Store, that had been closed for a long time.
The owner had several items inside, for sale.
As he opened the door, for me to step inside...
I took one step...
Froze... 
as the hair on the back of my neck, and on my arms Stood Straight Up...
 I slowly...
stepped back...
 O U T.

Thanked the owner for offering to show me his antiques, but...
I'd seen enough....
without 'seeing'... anything.
; )

Throughout my life... I've only been in a few places, where I knew...
I'd better not be, for long... or, at all.
Found an Amazing Statue... standing in front of a huge, boarded up... old school, in a small town in Southern Iowa.
When I finally could locate the owner... {owner's Sister} to inquire about purchasing it, she offered to take me through the building.
{If I recall... Daughter, Liz... was with. She declined the 'tour'}
I...did, walk through it... with the owner's Sister, but... was very, very...
Uncomfortable.
Very.

Was Extremely Glad... after we got the Statue loaded, and all I could see in the rearview mirror, was the Statue, in the back of the Truck...and... the old school... getting further, and further away.

I've seen many things, throughout my life... that are inexplainable.
but...
Few, that Chill me to the Bone.
Those...
ya never forget.
; )

Wishing All... a Happy, and Safe...
Halloween.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for ALL.

Barb C.


No comments: