Sunday, October 22, 2023

Shows... oh, dear.


Went to the Midwest, and Collector's Eye Shows, today.
It's Always Such a Treat!!
: )
It was Great... seeing Everyone.
: )
Didn't get there... until early afternoon, when I knew the Crowd's would've slimmed down.
Heard it was Bustling... this morning.
; )

Didn't capture any images of the Beautiful... Shows, was too busy Visiting, and Shoppin'.
: )
Took the above image, from Pal, Bill's Booth, as Vendor's were packing.
Helped Bill load his van, a little, then headed for Home.

There was So Much... Greatness, at both Shows.
There was a Wonderful... Early...Early... Early, Corner Cupboard there... that I fell in Love with...
but, no room... for it.
: (
Hope it finds a Good Home.
<3

Only bought one thing... at The Midwest Show, Friend, Jack... had it.



It's a Large... Victorian Candelabra.
: )
Heavy... Heavy, Brass.
<3
Love the Glass Flowers.
<3


When I got Home... noticed a Sweet Baby Buggy, a Dear Girl... left for me.
<3
I like to turn these into  'Cinderella Coaches'.
Remove the wicker, and handle... place a Big Silver Tray...on it's frame.
They make Great Risers, at shows.
; )


Brought the old... Candelabra inside... put some funky, melted...and twisted candles in it.
: )
It... seems kinda 'Halloween'. 
It'll be going to The Rabbit Hole, then... Junk Jubilee, in November.
{ One can Never Have... Too Many 'Candelabras'. : ) }
If it doesn't sell... I'll bring it back to the house, for Christmas.
It would be Great... filled with Vintage Tree Toppers.
: )

Really enjoyed The Shows... but, didn't have regrets about not setting up, especially... as I watched Folks packing up... at the end.
That's the Tuffest part of these Events.
The Dreaded Load Out.
Many... had long drives to get Home.
{Some were from the East Coast.}

Remember... Load Outs.... in Nashville, oh my.
It would often be midnight, before we pulled away from Heart of Country.
For many years... we'd drive to Paducah, Kentucky... after load out.
In the Truck, or... Truck, and Trailer.. it's about two and a half hours.
Liked to get a bite out of the long trip Home.
One year... Pal, Jo Brantley... was with.
We were so incredibly tired, and cold... after loading, 
{the loading dock's are freezing in Nashville, in February.} 
then... we climbed into the nice, warm Truck...
oh dear.
Told Jo... "Girl... you'd better keep talkin' to me... hahahahaha!! keep me awake!!"
Jo did... for a long time, but then... she fell asleep, I didn't have the heart to wake her.
She was Beat, too.
I Struggled, keeping my eyes open.
then... 
I blinked, or... so I thought...
looked up, and we were in the passing lane, headed for the median.
: ( : ( : ( 
Holy Smokes!!!
: (

We made it to Paducah, but... That... was The Last time, we left Nashville, after load out.
After 'That'... near miss, decided we'd be safer pushing it hard, after a good night's rest,
That... was a Sobering Experience.

There's been a couple of times, over the years... coming Home from Gold Rush, in Minnesota, that I've nearly pulled in at Waterloo, Iowa, to get a room.
It's only three hours, from Gold Rush, to Home...
but, some of the load outs, along with the Show... that beat ya to death.

Waterloo... is only an hour from Home... couldn't bring myself to get so close to Home, and stop.
When I get that tired, I usually call Mark, or... other Pals, and chat with them... until I get Home.
: )
They've 'Been There'... Too.

Hope Everyone had a Great Show... and have a Safe Trip Home.
<3

Gonna be a Busy Week.
Much... to get Done.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

{When Pal, Steph... and me, were coming Home from one of her Trade Shows, in Daytona, earlier this year, we Both said...
Our 'Show' Song... is 'Turn The Page', by Bob Seger. 
Always has been.
; )
That's a Fact!! Gads!! }


No comments: