Friday, May 1, 2020

Quiet Times...

I'd made a comment on FB, earlier...
about, how this quarantine hasn't really changed much, in my life.
A Friend, commented, she sure was missing her Friends, and Customers.
: )
but...
said, she thought she could get through this.
I, replied...
"Yes...you can."
: )
It took me back, to...November, 2003, when I was in Nashville, at The Fall, Heart of Country.
{Opryland Hotel, and Convention Center}
Every night, after the Show...
I'd go sit, at the Revolving Bar, at The Cascades, put my feet up, sip...Margaritas, and...watch the magnificent water falls.
oh...my.
That... Fall Show, I was helping Friends, so...in the Evenings, I was alone.
I was always...always....so Crazy, Busy.
Work...Work....Work.
Bills...Bills...Bills.
Stress...Stress...Stress.
Those moments, sitting...alone, at my 'Happy Place'...in Nashville, was such an indescribable...
Gift.
; )
One Evening, as I was taking it all...in, a Man, sat down at my table...across from me, uninvited.
He asked if he could buy me a drink...
I, said... "You Bet!"...
: )
We sat there, and visited.
I asked him, what brought him, to Nashville.
He said he was there, for a 
Psychiatry Convention.
{oh my....; )}
I, told him...he'd found the Right Table....to find a Seat!!
Hahahaha!
: )
He asked me, what I was doing there....
I, told him...I was with the Heart of Country Antique Show.
: )
Explained, what it was all...about.
Then, he asked me a question...that, I never thought twice, about...
until...later.
He asked me...
"So...What do you do, for Fun?"
I, replied...
"This. The Antiques."
He, said....
"No, that's your 'Job', what do you 'do'...for 'Fun'?"
I, looked at him, like he had a hearing Problem.
"This, Is What I Do for Fun."
He...smiled,
and said...
"No, That's your Job."
: )
I, argued with him...for a while.
Said...how much I loved my 'Job'... it was grueling, hard work...
but, if you 'Love'...what you do for a living...and, have a Passion, for it...
it's not 'Work'. 
: )
He...couldn't understand.
: (
oh...well.
: )
I'd had my quota, of Margaritas.
 I Thanked him, for the Good Conversation...and, Margarita, and...went to my room.
A few minutes after I got settled in my room, the room phone, rang.
It was The Man.
{I was wearing the name badge, from Heart, guess that's how...he knew where to call.}
He said...
"I just wanted to check on you, are you o.k.?"
I, thought... What?
I, said...
Sure, I'm Fine.
: )
and...
Thanks, Again!
: )
????????
I...couldn't Imagine, Why...he'd be So Concerned.
then...
I sat down, on the edge of the bed...
and began to weep.
: (
I realized...I'd been Running So Hard, trying to make a 'Living', 
the 'People'...who meant the Most to me...were a blur.
I, had No Time...for Anything, or Anyone....
if 'Work', wasn't involved.
I'd go stir crazy...at a Family Event.
I'd Avoid Them...at All Costs.
Too Many Bills.
No Time For That.
: (
I, made up my mind, There...and Then, 
'Family'....
was going to Come First, when I got Home.

The day after I returned Home...from Nashville, with a 'Mindset'...
the phone rang.
It was my Sister, Chery.
She said...that she, and my brother in law, Jim...had a favor, to ask of me.
I, said..."Anything."
Chery asked me to come to their Home, so we could visit, about this 'favor'.
I, did.
We all sat down, at the Beautiful.. Old...Round Oak Table, Chery had so Lovingly...restored, decades...before,
 and...Chery began to speak.
 She said, "I have cancer, it's on my aorta, inoperable,  and...they tell me, I don't have much time, and shouldn't be alone.
 Will you, come stay with me, during the day... so Jim...can keep working, and keep our insurance?"
{I, know...this will sound incredibly...selfish, but...hadn't I had that 'conversation', with a Stranger, in Nashville, I'm not sure...my mind, could've been 'Still', when It Had To Be, when I got Home. I would've Done Anything...for Chery, No Matter When, or Where...
but...
that 'conversation'...
with a Stranger, 
Put Everything...
into perspective, and...prepared me, for the unimaginable.
That's a 'God Thing'. <3 }
I, was...in Shock, hearing Chery's...Words, yet..
I'd never let her, see it.
<3
All, I could say...was, 
"Of Course...I Will.
with 
One...
'Stipulation'.
I'll come, and Help....You 'Live'.
<3 <3 <3 
but...
If...you're asking me, to help you die, 
I, can't....do that."
Chery...agreed.
<3 <3 <3 
I spent many Carefree weeks, with my Beautiful...Sister, Chery.
<3 <3 <3 
The One Day...
just a few days, before Christmas...
that, I, couldn't be there, 
{Daughter, Liz...had been in an accident} 
Chery....went 'Home'.
Our, Son...Justin, was with Chery. 
{He Loved...Chery, So. <3 <3 <3 }
by the time...I arrived, Chery...was gone.
These...'Quiet'...times, so many...are complaining about, 
I...believe, looking back, we'll all...find some 'Blessings' in.
I, hope, anyway.
: )
I wouldn't trade...anything, for that 'Quiet Time'.
<3 <3 <3 
Love...to You.
Please...
Keep Singin' Those Powerful Prayers.
<3 <3 <3 
Amazing...Angels.
Barb C. 

 Daughter, Liz...and, Soul Sister, Peg...share so many of Chery's Beautiful...Traits.
: )
I, Miss Chery, so much.
What a Gift, it was....to spend those 'Quiet Times'...with her. 
Priceless.
<3 <3 <3 

{Chery, wasn't a music lover, like her baby sister. : ) I'll have to think about, the perfect Tune, for Chery. <3
I'll...post it, above. <3 }

Chery, was Such a Blessing, in my Life.
She, Endured...'More', than most knew.
She Deserved Better.
<3 <3 <3 
So Much Better.
: ( : ( : ( 



No comments: