Sunday, May 10, 2020

Here's...Your Sign.

As I've aged...
I, realize...
I Think a Little Harder, than I used to.
; )
After my Bubble Bath...
went out...
and Bailed in The 'Gipsy'.
She fired right up...
and...
 was Ready to Roll.
; )
Drove to the corner, made a U-Turn, {roads are closed around us}
headed to the 151, intersection.
About...300 feet.
As I was sittin' there waitin'...
to get on to the Highway...
The Gypsy....died.
: (
Uh Oh.....
She's Never, Ever...Done That.
: (
She fired right back up...
{there were days, long ago....
I would've given 'er Hell...and, went on.}
I spun 'er around....
parked beside the rabbit hole.
; )
 Sat there...
watched the gauges...
listening to the Old...Ford, idle.
She's...not right.
Her oil pressure, is holding good, but...
she's running too rich on Fuel.
She's loadin' up.
Her RPM's...won't hold, with steady feed.
I'll make some calls, in the morning.
; )
Today reminded me, of another time, about 30 years ago.
Another, Old...Ford, 4x4, with a 10 inch Lift.
{Still have her, she's in the Shop...waitin' for a Paint Job, and a few other...little issues.
30 years...waitin'. 
; )
Ya know what they say...about The Painter's House, and...The Cobbler's Kid's Shoes. : )
Always...Bills to be paid, no time to work on our own. <3 }
I was working, waiting tables...back then.
Bought the Old Ford, from John.
: )
It had bigger tires, on the front, than on the rear....
The rear tires were completely bald.
Slick.
The only traction they had...was from a big nail...that was stuck in the right, rear tire.
I drove it to work, for three weeks like that, {filling that tire with air...daily} until I had enough dough to buy a new set of tires.
600.00
oh my.
{my wages were 2.01 an hour...plus...tips. ; )  {More than...I'm 'Makin'...These Days.}}
; )
After the tires were on, I had the front axle joints replaced.
Another...few hundred dollars.
; )
Sister, Chery...lived at the end of a dead end road, where there was a steep hill.
Lots of Guys...would go Mud Runnin'...
up, and down that Steep Hill.
I, was gonna do that, too.
: )
Couldn't wait.
: )
I took the gravel, from the East, and was going to go down that ravine...
with The Ford.
I, locked the hubs in...
jumped in, put'er in 4WD...Low...
and,
Granny Gear.
I sat there....at the top,
looking down, that Steep Ravine.
All I could hear...in my head,
was a Cash Register, 
going...
"Cha Ching...Cha Ching....Cha Ching."
; )
I slipped the Old Ford...in Reverse, and Backed Right On 
Outta.... There.
: )
I wondered, why Dad...was So Much, on my Mind, today.
<3 <3 <3

It's Mother's Day.
I, thought about Mom, too...
<3 <3 <3 
but,
Dad...was on My Heart!!!
Now, I Know...Why.

; )
Hahahaha!!
I, sure didn't want to be Towed...today.
; )
Old Fords, have never left me stranded, they always...get me Home.
<3
The 'Gipsy'...was sayin'...
"Here's Your Sign."
; )
"You feel like Walkin'...today??"
Hahahahaha!
Nope.
; )
She has two, new injectors...
but, She's...Tired.
; )
She may need a New...7.3.
I'll see what The Boys say...tomorrow.
Oh My...
Glad to be Home,
'Gipsy'...
Safe, and...Home, too. <3
I, enjoyed the Chocolate, the Kids brought, and...
a little Tequila, with Lime...this evening.
; )
Sure beats...Walkin'.
; )
and...
You can buy a Lot...of Tequila, for the cost of a Tow Bill.
; )
Love...to Ya.
Barb C.


{I didn't get my Drivin' Therapy....I, was sure...lookin' forward, to.
but...
I, didn't have to Walk, either. ; ) ; ) ; )
Sure had some Fun...on Memory Lane. ; )
I took a Lot...of Rib'in about that Nail, in the right rear tire, of the Old...Ford,
 from Folks...where I worked, back...in the day. ; )
Mostly, from my Customers.
I, couldn't understand, why...they'd be lookin' That Close, to See it??
Hahahaha!!!
One Customer said...
"You need to pull that Nail...Out of That Tire!"
I, said...
"Heck No!!
Don't Touch That Nail!!!
Once that Nail...is Gone, So Goes The Air...and All of The Traction I've Got!!!"
oh my.
Hahahahaha!!!
It Truly...Is, All..About 'The Journey'. ; ) }

I could've jumped in Jethro...this afternoon.
Thought about it, for a minute.
but,
Jethro, wasn't The 'Drive'...I was 'Set On', today.
: )
<3 <3 <3 

{That, steep...muddy, severely...rutted, ravine...was Nothing,
compared to the Ringing Cash Register, in my head.
; ) }




No comments: