Sunday, April 15, 2012

Peggy's Ponderosa!

"Grow Old With Me...The Best...is Yet To Be..."
I teared up...when I saw this...mounted high...on a tree...at the Entrance to the Walkway...to their Door... The Love...Michael and Peg Share...is Everywhere...Peg says...Michael Built...a Wonderful Home...for Her...and Peg...has Made...a Beautiful Home....For Michael.... an Amazing...Love Story...
Everywhere I turned....there was something...beautiful...it was like walking through...one of Peg's Amazing....Gourds...
Their Pond...is stocked with all sorts of fish...it's right off their Porch...and...is Amazing....
The vegetation....is Incredible... Lush...and Alive....
Peg was so frustrated...when they started working on the Gardens....so many of her plants from Iowa won't grow there...oh...but what does....is Amazing....
The Details...Details...Details....All...the  Personal...Peggy....Touches... wow...
B E A U T I F U L
Mike's room...{Barb's slice of Heaven...when I was there...} This Old Rope  Bed...was Like Sleeping on a Cloud! Mike's room is filled with wonderful Vintage Fishing...Gear... and Loads of Family Photo's.... There are sliding doors...that lead out to an enclosed porch....that overlooks the Pond....Peaceful.....It was Wonderful...waking up..to that Soulful View...
Mike's Bathroom.... it's Lovely... all hand painted... all the little Squares...are reminiscent of the details...on Peg's Gourds... in three colors...all so precisely laid out.... Details...Details....
This is Peg's Workroom....it's on the Loft...they have 25 foot ceilings.... Peg works at this table, she got from me...years ago.... it's Perfect...
This is also her work area...and... this is a cupboard, John resurfaced for Peg, I had it for years...in the shop...it was an UGLY Color... John did a Great Job on it....and It's Perfect...for the Gourds...waiting patiently......for Peg's Amazing Hands...to Breathe Life...and Beauty into them....
The West Wall... Peg gathered all sorts of Wonderful...Fishing Artifacts...for this Incredible....Wall... oh my...
One of Peg's Butterfly...and Bug Collections...on her trips...back at forth...to Iowa...she would stop..and pick up Butterflies...along the hi way...and off of Semi Grills...at gas stations... {oh...Pegadoo...}
Peg hand painted these darling Owls...on the wall...in the West Room... They are...Amazing...
Peg's Bathroom.... DARLING!!!
Mike's Bathroom...I had to get an Image...of the Salamander...Peg painted...on the Shower Wall...she also painted them, on the double doors, on the Medicine Cabinet.... There are Bird's Nests...throughout the House....lovely...
Peg arranged Vintage Cast Iron Fragments...on the wall....in the Bath... framing her nests... very cool...
This is an Old Window...Framing Peg's hand painted collection, directly on the wall...of Fish....and Lures...
A M A Z I N G!!!!
A Walking Stick....one of several, Peg has painted on the wall...
I always like to scope out....cool restaurants... as I told Mike...I work hard...and this is a 'perk'.... I need to be kind..to myself...Enjoying...Great Service...Fresh...Food... and Beauty...mean so much...to my tired soul...it's a Treat.... an...Adventure...
I spied this one..." The Pier"...in Quincy...as we crossed the River... while running around... It was Wonderful...The view...was incredible....over the Mississippi...The Food...was Over the Top....and...nothing was over 10.00.... {Folks will go to a fast food restaurant....thinking they can't afford..a Great Place Like This!!!! REALLY!!!??? Wow... take a chance...you may be very pleasantly...surprised!
{ The waiter joked...while asking if we'd like coffee...tea...or...a Martini...to drink...with our lunch...{ ha...ha... } I think...I shocked him...when I said...ahhh...yep...I'll have a Martini! { oh my...it was smoothe...very...smoothe!} : )
This Cake...was OVER THE TOP!!!! Peg was too full...to eat more than a bite...so....I forced myself...to eat it... {sigh...} We had a Wonderful Time.... but....it would have been just as wonderful...sitting...at a Bus Stop...It's all about the Moments....we had Many...Great Moments....
I Can't Thank...Michael...and Pegadoo...enough...for having me.... I was so Inspired... and...Love..them Both...so..
What....Lovely...Lovely...People....
I am...Blessed....

6 comments:

cconz said...

sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Thanks so much for letting us see the beautiful place where peg and mike live. She is so talented.

Simply Iowa said...

it...was all...my pleasure...all of it...
Cathi...
Love..to you...and Bill...
Barb C.

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

Holy WOW! Peg's talent NEVER ceases to AMAZE! You can seriously FEEL the love and passion just looking at the photos...thanks so much for sharing ;) Next time you go I might stowaway...I'm sure Dustin and the kids would survive - LOL!

sue in mexico mo said...

That was fun - seeing Peg's home. I'm glad she is doing better. Fingers crossed for a good check-up.

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks...Sue!
I had no idea you were only an hour from Hannibal...
I have heard about a show in Herman... and maybe, it just was...but think there may be another....if you know anything...let me know..
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Aud...
I'm sure...Peg would Love to Have Ya!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.