Monday, April 9, 2012

I Survived...

Nicky...watched...from the fence... as Scout and I took a ride....
The Old Boy...tried to dump me...a few times... I don't know if it was Grit... or....my years...of riding....or...  being Absolutely... positive...I WAS NOT Going To Hit The Ground.... that kept me on..... {because...I WAS NOT...going down...no way!!!}
Scout is like a Huge Barrel... ROUND... so hard to hang onto...bareback...
and...He is Big...1500 pounds...part Quarter Horse...part Draft....
POWERFUL!
He tried to dump Nick...a few times...too... Nick Bailed...
I Don't....Bail...
For Two Reasons...
I'm Not Hitting The Ground...
and...
I Don't Bail!!!
{and...I'm pretty sure...since I'm no kid..anymore...I wouldn't land..as gracefully..as Nick....he landed on his feet.....I have a pretty good idea...what I would land on....Not...Pretty...!}
Scout was a Very Good Boy....considering...he hadn't been ridden...for so many years... I even had him neck reining... and side stepping... by the end of our little workout!
I leaned forward...at the end...of the ride... with my head and chest.....on Scout's neck...wrapped my arms around his Giant Neck.... and thanked him....
Good...Boy!

No comments: