Friday, April 27, 2012

The Journey....

This is a Large...Old Oil Painting...I found at a neighbor's Garage Sale...20 years ago.... They were cleaning out an attic, of a Church... and found it rolled up.... and headed for the trash.... They rescued it... and had it thumb tacked to their garage wall.... I have always thought about having it restored.... but... don't know...if it would be as Beautiful...without...the 'Journey'....
The Shop will be Closed today... Lots of work...to get done....lots of miles to cover... I may be closed...tomorrow...as well....
I was disappointed...the Massive Pier Mirror...won't be here 'til Monday.... I almost jumped in the Truck...and headed to Chicago...yesterday...to get it...
I can't wait...to get it to The Rabbit Hole!
Someone asked...if I was taking it to a show.... " Heck No! It Belongs....down the Rabbit Hole... until...it finds... the Most Perfect Home!"
Had so many nice Folks...pop in....Yesterday...
I Truly am enjoying...being Home....
Always...something...to be done... and...I'm meeting so many Folks...that have tried....and tried...to find me Open....
So...Sorry...
I had a couple pop in...from Minnesota... that had tried forever...to find me Open... and they Loved...the Little Shop... Thought it must be over a hundred years old.... I told them....it was only 16....they said..." O.k.... You...have been here 16 years... what was the building?" I said... It's 16 years old...we built it..... They couldn't believe it....
I get that all the time.... and with the addition on the house.... Folks think...the new side...was the original house....
I remember...a few years ago...an Older Local Gentleman.... walked through the shop....and said...: I remember walking past this....when I was a child...."....ahhhh.... not so much....
I wasn't going to argue...with his Childhood Memories....
Hope...You Have a Most...Amazing Day!
Love...to Ya!
Barb C

No comments: