Friday, July 29, 2011

Smokehouse Square Antiques....Whew! {319-622-3539} and...Sweet Mary Ellyn...

Mary Ellyn Jensen...and Cindy B., {Smokehouse Square Antiques} Amana, Iowa...Cindy buzzed me, this morn...and said Mary Ellyn was bringing stuff in... and she said "Hi"... well... I Had to go see Mary Ellen...I Love Her!...She is Amazing!{and...would you believe...81 years old...she has way more energy than me!} {she drives nearly 2 hours, to fill her booth...every month.... next week, she's in Des Moines... after that...who knows... she's doing a 'Talk' on Folk Art, for a group in Dubuque...wow...I told her I may be doing Round Top, in Texas....in the Spring..{thinkin' about it} she said she'd come help me....What A Woman!!!!!} We wound up taking Sally for a Spin...with the Top Down...then enjoying a Glass of Wine...and a Fab Lunch at the Ronneburg, in Amana...Mary Ellyn Really Liked Old Sal....said she thought she needed a little Mustang Convertible...herself...{I think EVERYONE should have one!}
 Mary Ellyn has been in the Antique Business...for Many Years... She has done the Very Best Shows...in The Country...including...my Favorite...Heart of Country...in Nashville...She did the very first one.... Just a few years ago, she helped Cindy B., at Round Top...She did a booth....and Cindy had one....Mary Ellyn Blew the Doors off... She is so respected in the business... and is willing to share all of her Amazing Knowledge.... People flock to her...Mary Ellyn also, does The Chicago Botanic Garden Show, in Chicago....Michael and I missed her, in the crowd, this year.... She Always does an Outstanding Job....Mary Ellyn closed her store, in Dubuque...so she can travel, and do a few shows...She's always on the go...She Amazes Me!!! Love Her... Admire Her...and...
Respect Her....
The Mall has NEVER LOOKED BETTER!!!! WOWZA!!!
Cindy busts her fanny... and has Gathered the Most Amazing Dealers!!!{like Mary Ellyn...} I found some fun treasures...even...a couple she had to deliver....{I was Driving Miss.Sally...remember...} It was a Great Day...{nope...I didn't get the lawn done...but...it's supposed to be dry, for a few days! I'll get it done!
When in the area....Smokehouse Square Antiques...is a MUST STOP.....
Love to Ya!
Barb C.
Below...are a few images...holding a THIMBLE FULL...of what Awaits!

No comments: